Second Skin Audio

few questions for a daily beater

Well to start off i have a 95 camry, my previous system was stolen which was a 15'' L5 on a punch 1001bd in a sealed it was loud but not enough so im not that disappointed that its gone but now im looking for something better. I just came back from a few audio shops to get some ideas. i was thinking four sealed 12 but the way the box will have to be will make the two outside subs starve for airspace, so i started looking into some subs that will be alright in a small enclosure...(JL 12w6v2)the guys recommended three 12's or two 15's

the subs im looking into are...

Two 15's

BTL

AQ HDC3

L7

Four 12's

Cvx

12w6v2

Fi Q

The amps will probally be two AQ2200 but im open for suggestions $1500 give or take a few for subs and amps

the Fi Q's or JL w6's will probably sound best sq wise, but I'd rather have 2 BTL's.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

If you're planning on running 4k+ watts I hope you have a pretty solid electrical setup in mind also.. HO alt + 2 or more big batts in back. Also I highly doubt you will have proper airspace in trunk for a pair of 15s or the quad 12s like the ones you suggested. My suggestion would be just to run a nice single 15 or a pair of 12s, unless you're willing to lose your backseat.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Those might be rough trunk measurements but you also have to account for where you're gonna put the amp(s) and batteries. Also need to make sure you have enough space in the trunk to have proper airflow back into the car, so the enclosure isn't choked off from the rest of the car. By just listing the measurements it's pretty pointless unless u expect someone to design some boxes for you or whatever you were thinking.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Those might be rough trunk measurements but you also have to account for where you're gonna put the amp(s) and batteries. Also need to make sure you have enough space in the trunk to have proper airflow back into the car, so the enclosure isn't choked off from the rest of the car. By just listing the measurements it's pretty pointless unless u expect someone to design some boxes for you or whatever you were thinking.

it have enough space behind the box for the amps and it have over a foot on each side of the box for the batts. i can also port the rear deck in addition to that my back seats comes down

I would do like 2 12" LVL4XL's/T2000's/IA DP etc.... Sealed off from the trunk.

I know in my Grand Am giving each my 2 12's each 2 cubes, firing into the cabin it takes up alot of space, I have like a foot or so from my box to the end of the trunk, which is where my extra batteries go.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

your making it alot more complicated than it has to be in my opinion. just point the box towards the front of the car with the seats down and seal the edges that the box meets the metal like in this video.

this is treossi's setup.

Edited by Kranny

Dude none of your ideas are going to work in a conventional style trunk box. Plus that box idea for the 4 15's that shop did for you is garbage. Best bet is do what everyones been saying. And do 2 12's in a proper box. Cause that would get louder than stuffing subs in to small of a box.