Dual Alternator Wiring

When doing a dual alternator setup what is the best way to run power wire to get the most out of your alternators. Right now i just have power running from both alternators to the front battery and then 2 0 gauge power wires running to the back batteries. Should I run power wires from the alternators to the back batteries as well?

I really thought someone would have chimed in by now bro.....IMO, since you already have your power runs from your alts to your + front batt, then to the rear +, should be fine as is. cant imagine much of a voltage gain with more dedicated power wire going straight to the back...........

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

I really thought someone would have chimed in by now bro.....IMO, since you already have your power runs from your alts to your + front batt, then to the rear +, should be fine as is. cant imagine much of a voltage gain with more dedicated power wire going straight to the back...........

Thats what i was thinking but then i was looking at steves wiring diagram for his tahoe and it looks like he has his alternators wired straight to the back as well.

Thats what i was thinking but then i was looking at steves wiring diagram for his tahoe and it looks like he has his alternators wired straight to the back as well.

If you have something like 4+ runs to the rear then I can see going straight from alternators back being an advantage but I think you're fine.

Agree with Treo ^^

Edited by 95_1500

If you have something like 4+ runs to the rear then I can see going straight from alternators back being an advantage but I think you're fine.

Agree with Treo ^^

Since there seem to be some different opinions here I will list my whole setup so yall know exactly what ive got in the truck. This is in a 2006 f150 by the way.

1 Kinetik 2000 in the front

3 Kinetik 3800 in the bed

1 Iraggi 260 amp alt in stock location

1 Iraggi 300 amp dual alt

1 Kicker warhorse 10000.1 amp

1 Kicker 850.4 mids and highs amp

2 Kicker Solo X 18s

Alot of JL Audio Component and Coaxials

Both alternators are wired directly to the front battery then there are 2 runs of 0 ga running to the back batteries, 1 into each side and then connected to the middle battery.

Since there seem to be some different opinions here I will list my whole setup so yall know exactly what ive got in the truck. This is in a 2006 f150 by the way.

1 Kinetik 2000 in the front

3 Kinetik 3800 in the bed

1 Iraggi 260 amp alt in stock location

1 Iraggi 300 amp dual alt

1 Kicker warhorse 10000.1 amp

1 Kicker 850.4 mids and highs amp

2 Kicker Solo X 18s

Alot of JL Audio Component and Coaxials

Both alternators are wired directly to the front battery then there are 2 runs of 0 ga running to the back batteries, 1 into each side and then connected to the middle battery.

:shok:

Nice man! I'm running Kinetik 1200 up front, 3x 3800 in the back, soon-to-install 2x300 Iraggi alts / 1x 320 DC alt, 1 Kicker Warhorse, + rockford amps / mids / highs, etc. !! Crazy similar.... O_o

I'm planning on running all alternators to the front battery, then having runs of power wire going from the alternators to the back batteries. So instead of going alts -> front battery -> back battery it'll go:

front battery <- alts -> back batteries

Just cause that's alot of 0 gauge to be trying to fit onto a single battery terminal! Another thing to remember is if you skip the front battery directly connected to enough power to keep its voltage up, your car electrical will still see a voltage drop, resulting in dimming lights, slow power windows, etc. Nice to see another Warhorse around, I love this thing :D