Sundown Audio

Has anyone tried Lanzar amps?

__d_a_v_i_d__

no, MTX is just an overpriced Hifonics (Subs of course)

The lower level MTX subs are china garbage. The higher levels are still made here.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

Lanzer, Pyle and pyramid are what is commonly referred to as "flea market" audio. If you can get an amp from a pawn shop from one of those 3 for 10 bucks to hold you till you get something decent go for it.

You should know what you're talking about before you go giving out questionable information. If you don't know, just say so.

Lanzar is okay, you just want to stay away from anything that doesn't say Optidrive. Any of the OPTIs would be good, but the 2000D is the best value. The OPTI 500x2 is a monster A/B amp that would sling those CVRs pretty good. Having said that, you will likely want to stick with a Class D since they are more efficient. That will save you money on wires and electrical later.

That being said, the AP30001D is probably going to be your best bet, especially if you plan on getting two more subs.

You should know what you're talking about before you go giving out questionable information. If you don't know, just say so.

Lanzar is okay, you just want to stay away from anything that doesn't say Optidrive. Any of the OPTIs would be good, but the 2000D is the best value. The OPTI 500x2 is a monster A/B amp that would sling those CVRs pretty good. Having said that, you will likely want to stick with a Class D since they are more efficient. That will save you money on wires and electrical later.

That being said, the AP30001D is probably going to be your best bet, especially if you plan on getting two more subs.

Umm yea, I guess thats why they sale them on a camera sales site along with Blitz, Duals and legacys, Because they are such a great solid amp.

lol.

well my 2 15's hit really hard with the 3K performance technique amp. was really pleased with it.

and imma get 2 more, and m sadly really considering getting the 5K version of it to push the 4 15s

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_...ICBM-SUPER.aspx

i think you guys are really under estimating them? the 3K was way more then 1600 rms imo. i think it was more like 2K+

:( bang for the buck?..

I have used the Lanzar Optidrive amplifiers in the past and was very impressed to say the least. The series that I used was the last series that was made by Steven Mantz in the late 90's. Anything else Lanzar that is non Optidrive I cannot speak for.

Archived