Second Skin Audio

Street Beat enclosure for two L7's

Okay so ive looked some info up and found Kicker suggests 4.5 cubs per woofer so ran the dimensions for my blazer and i got this

Height - 16"

Width - 37"

Length - 32"

Gives a total of 9.09 Cuft

Now im trying to get the perfect port for it and tuning for it too

I've done a little port for just fun and it is

Height - 8"

Width - 8"

Length - 12"

tunned to 33.11hz

i was looking for a port thats in the middle of the box like meade but if Aero ports would do better Explain them i dont under stand those lol

im going for Loud but dosnt sound bad. So its a Sq/SPL lol

Any helpers?

- TeejayBee

Edited by TeejayBee

Okay so ive looked some info up and found Kicker suggests 4.5 cubs per woofer so ran the dimensions for my blazer and i got this

Height - 16"

Width - 37"

Length - 32"

Height - 8"

Width - 8"

Length - 12"

i was looking for a port thats in the middle of the box like meade but if Aero ports would do better Explain them i dont under stand those lol

Any helpers?

- TeejayBee

Your doing subs up, port back?

Derp.

Height - 16"Width - 37"Length - 32"

Height - 8"Width - 8"Length - 12"

Any helpers?

- TeejayBee

i used this: reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html then with your dimensions, It says a port height of 14.5", port width of 8", and port length of 23.25" which tunes to 31.07 I could be incorrect though AND THIS DESIGN IS SUBS FORWARD, PORT FORWARD. I don't know the technique to change the port relation as it would affect the sound (i would think)

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Haha yeah i wana do the Port back subs up because i want to do a double baffle to sink the subs in some so they dont stick out as much

it's 420/Bud Ice time over here...You using 12"s right?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

no im using 15"s xD

is this 1" between the walls and the subs respectively?

havent looked up any numbers, but the box for my blazer was around 17x37x24 or so, that was 4.8 cubes after port and subs. Did you take into account port and sub displacement, bracing displacement? I can look in my files see if ive got anythign thatd work for ya.

Edited by siucsaluki11

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.