Looking for opinions on install

I picked this up for a decent price with a 2nd siren, and the remote start add on. I am trying to figure out whats the best way to go here........

I have Best Buy and a mom and pop style place near by that do alarm installs.

The Best Buy place is DEI authorized, the mom and pop is not.

Best Buy wants 200 to install, and mom and pop want 225.

I know the guy who would do the install at the mom and pop place pretty well, but the non authorized thing kinda worries me.

I havent heard anything bad about either place when it comes to their alarm work. Anyone got any thoughts as to which place to go with?

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

I picked this up for a decent price with a 2nd siren, and the remote start add on. I am trying to figure out whats the best way to go here........

I have Best Buy and a mom and pop style place near by that do alarm installs.

The Best Buy place is DEI authorized, the mom and pop is not.

Best Buy wants 200 to install, and mom and pop want 225.

I know the guy who would do the install at the mom and pop place pretty well, but the non authorized thing kinda worries me.

I havent heard anything bad about either place when it comes to their alarm work. Anyone got any thoughts as to which place to go with?

J

im not gonna lie some best buys really SUCK at installing ours is pretty good

u will get the lifetime installtion warranty at best buy along with the viper life time installation if u go that price

so i would ask around ur area for anyone who has had stuff installed at either place and go with the one more trusted

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

I bought my Viper alarm/remote start from there a few years back, and never had a problem with it.....sold the car to my cousin and he has had no problems with it either. They also put in a back up battery and an extra shock sensor, So they did a good job on the installation, plus like joni said they have the life time warranty on it too.

Even if it wasnt bought there?

Well looks like BB wins. Especially since they only have one of their 5 installers they authorize/have trained to do alarms and remote starts (or so they say)

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

ive learned quite quickly, that not all best buys are knowledgeable.... we had one open in tuscaloosa a few months ago, and weve had 3 of their employees come to my shop to get shit installed because they didnt trust the guys they worked with..... but like i said thats in MY town.... find out what the mom and pop place is authorized to sell, and remember, theres more to d.e.i. than just viper.....

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

The only thing bad that Ive hear about the BB around here is that they tape their connections and dont solder them together, but as far as work i talked to the guy who put the alarm in and he sounded like he knew what he was doing so thats why i had it done there.....

ive learned quite quickly, that not all best buys are knowledgeable.... we had one open in tuscaloosa a few months ago, and weve had 3 of their employees come to my shop to get shit installed because they didnt trust the guys they worked with..... but like i said thats in MY town.... find out what the mom and pop place is authorized to sell, and remember, theres more to d.e.i. than just viper.....

They are not authorized for directed at all. They sell MTX, regular Pioneer, etc.

They do decent work and I know the guy who would be putting it in personally there. I just like the best buy warrentee alot.

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

George Patton

Didn't you already say you don't trust "either" place?

If that's the case,i wouldn't go to either one..i would rather take a drive somewhere else to where i KNOW they can handle the job.Trying to pick the lesser of 2 evils is a lose-lose situation.Go for option #3

what car is it? It might be easier than you think.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Didn't you already say you don't trust "either" place?

If that's the case,i wouldn't go to either one..i would rather take a drive somewhere else to where i KNOW they can handle the job.Trying to pick the lesser of 2 evils is a lose-lose situation.Go for option #3

BRING THAT HOE TO BAMA!!! im a viper dealer and do a few a day, so itd be a piece of cake.... we offer a lifetime warranty on our labor too......

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

Archived