Looking for opinions on install

Yea well he apperantly doesnt know his shit that well. Left the heater on last night and remote started it this am get in the truck and no fucking heat, or music (music aint a big deal here). Turned the key and BAM got cold air blowing and now turning warm(with tunes).

Shits got me FURIOUS. I have had to dick with this for what seems like for fucking ever.

J

Does your vehicle have a heater that is turned on by a knob (off, low, med, high) selections. Or is it push button where its all electronic.

I know you can install the alarm/remotes starts 2 simular ways.

way 1 is when the vehicle is started, only the vehicle starts up and nothing but heat/ac is functioning if you have to manually turn a knob to turn it on/off. Such things like blinkers, wipers, radio wont work

or

the other way which I had to do on my old cadillac to have the heat and assecories turn on gives everything in your vehicle power. Such things like blinkers, wipers, radio will work

if one of the above is the case, its a 1 wire swap, pretty quick.

Sometimes depending on the vehicle this can be turned on and off via a "bitwriter" which is used to program and select options that can not be tampered with by the end user for all directed alarms and even some directed made amplifiers

But Im going to go out on the "limb" here and say your vehicle has the electronic push button heating style controls to turn it on and off and most likely a separate button for hot and cold and what not, and that the remote start is not powering up the accessory wire to turn said components such as heat, radio, etc on. :) And if that is the case, its TOTALLY installer error because he should of looked at the install prior to installing to know how to pre-wire the unit before hand. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Nope all knobs.

the installer just didnt energize the ignition/accessory that controls your climate control..noob mistake but simple fix....and at the quote about all best buy installers being nothing more than glorified mecp certified salesman..well thats just fucking ignorant to say..i personally have a best buy installer spot on my track record and im FAR from what youve described..actually almost ALL of our bigboxes here have very knowledgeable installers..the problem with stores like that is management not TRIPLE checking credentials before they hire someone..anyone can put on a good show in an interview

1996 S-10 Blazer

Kenwood DNX-6140

(2)Kinetik HC2000

(2)US Amps MD3Dv2

US Amps MD42v2

(4)Hertz HCX-165 (front doors)

(2)Hertz HL-70 (dash)

(2)Hertz HT-25 (dash)

(2)Hertz SX-380D

Archived