Sonic Electronix

We all have to start somewhere.

tis true

but i find its best to beat the stupid ideas out of people

its how i learned and ill pass on the favor

and if you search some threads you will see me sayin some of the same stuff you said to me

i got the noobs best interest at heart, i am still one and will be one forever.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Most electricians know every rule on AC not DC.. So i understand. I agree its dangerous. Good thing he asked.

Good luck on gettin your 2nd 4k mojo and alt.

Off topic did i read it right you only have 1 battery on a 4k watt amp?

Thanks for not being a dick head I appreciate it, but the 2nd amp will be with graduation money, and right now Im not running anything becuase I don't have my alt and I don't eanna take chance on hurting my amp with low voltage so I figured waiting till I got my alt to be safe, but i've got a yellow top in it right now, and I've got 3 c&d batteries I'm gonna use untill I get some kinetic 2400s

'06 Mustang GT 5spd

Sundown X10

Sundown SAE 1500.1

Optima Yellow Top D31

Pioneer 7' 

You would need one hell of a resistor.

A better way would be to use a cap system that can take a 24v input and put out 12-18v... use a bunch of rectifiers, diodes, and a couple massive coils and you'll get it done much easier than finding a resistor that can handle 6-12KW...

edit - Reminds me i've got some ballasts packed away in a corner that can put out 18v from a 24v source.. i'd ship them to you but that would be expensive and I need to test a few of them if they are any good or not haha.

Edited by STEvil

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

You would need one hell of a resistor.

A better way would be to use a cap system that can take a 24v input and put out 12-18v... use a bunch of rectifiers, diodes, and a couple massive coils and you'll get it done much easier than finding a resistor that can handle 6-12KW...

edit - Reminds me i've got some ballasts packed away in a corner that can put out 18v from a 24v source.. i'd ship them to you but that would be expensive and I need to test a few of them if they are any good or not haha.

yeah that's what my dad was saying something about capping it and he said he could find one that big maybe, I guess I'm just gonna stick with 12v so I dint get to far over my head

'06 Mustang GT 5spd

Sundown X10

Sundown SAE 1500.1

Optima Yellow Top D31

Pioneer 7' 

In theory, your dad is correct. Big rigs run 24 systems all the time and then use a step down module for accessories.

However, for what you are trying to do, it will not work. You will need to run a 16v charging system with either 16v batteries or pairs of 8v batteries in series. And then you will need a way to charge them. typically a 16v alt that can peak around 18v. or some that can be set to run higher.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

In theory, your dad is correct. Big rigs run 24 systems all the time and then use a step down module for accessories.

However, for what you are trying to do, it will not work. You will need to run a 16v charging system with either 16v batteries or pairs of 8v batteries in series. And then you will need a way to charge them. typically a 16v alt that can peak around 18v. or some that can be set to run higher.

Yeahh that's tooo much for me for a daily driver especially, thanks for the advice guys I really appreciate it, there's gonna be plenty more noon questions to come I'm sure so bare with me, thanks again guys

'06 Mustang GT 5spd

Sundown X10

Sundown SAE 1500.1

Optima Yellow Top D31

Pioneer 7' 

Find a resistor that'll run 1000w without catching fire and you have solved the first part of the problem.

Then find one of these resistors that has constant voltage drop at any current (hint: doesn't exist) and you'll have solved part 2.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!