Sundown Audio

Power Acoustik Smell Like Crap

Amalan

its most likely the amp, my planet audio (same board0 was smelling like that for a few days but ran just fine, finally it smoked half the mosfets on the board, i had a warranty on it but didnt feel like dealing with it so instead i got rid of it.

does it small like kinda like chlorine ?

eh a little its the closest out of the suggestions tho.

i was thinking it was glue too but ive been listening to my system for over a month now and its got some decent playing time in but it still has that smell tho i will admit it has gradually become less prominent than when i first got it and it would stink up my clothes. i dunno im pretty sure its the amp like james said but i can deal with it i just wanted to know what causes the smell.

oh well febreeze fixes it...

my power akoustik did the same shit. smelled horrible and i took time to gentally break it in and everything and it still stunk so i got rid of it. sum 1 told me thats just how itll smell for a tit bit. but idk. wasnt even worth it. lol Edit* Did u mean a Sub or amp/? i had the sub=FUBAR 12" . as of an amp amps shouldnt produce any "smells" unless ur fuckin it up or its brand new i guess.

Edited by BassHead7

Gota have my rear view shakin and my seats vibratin'.

(2) 12" Diamond D3

(1) DEI Directed Audio 2400D

(1) Kicker L5 15"

(1) Rockford Fosgate P5002

(2) 12" Fosgate P2's

(2) 15" Fosgate P2

^^Not all hooked up at once, i rotate. Its all i got.^^

my power akoustik did the same shit. smelled horrible and i took time to gentally break it in and everything and it still stunk so i got rid of it. sum 1 told me thats just how itll smell for a tit bit. but idk. wasnt even worth it. lol Edit* Did u mean a Sub or amp/? i had the sub=FUBAR 12" . as of an amp amps shouldnt produce any "smells" unless ur fuckin it up or its brand new i guess.

hm dont think its the subs unless fi subs smell like shit? its a fairly new amp so i guess its still breaking in but eck, its getting better gradually.

When you got a coil thats burnt or burning it is absolutley Nasty. pound on any sub and your gonna smell the coils getting hot, no sub manufacturer can stop that smell.

hm well im not familiar with the smells of different things and issues but im going to go to a local car audio shop to pick up some deadener so ill ask them if they can identify the smell cause i dunno what it is. i mean its not totally nasty its just really obnoxious and gives me a headache.