Sonic Electronix

i have heard alot of mixed reviews and comments about kicker products . Like that they suck for sound quality, they dont pick up alot of the lows, there subs dont last that long because of cheap materials . stuff like that.. in the other hand i have heard great reviews .

Is this true in ur opinions or experience??

I am not that experienced with kicker products but the few that ive have gotten to hear i thought they were pretty decent and sounded pretty good spl and sq wise , i havent gotten to compare side by side to fosgate or jl audio stuff .. so my question is can u compare the quality from kicker to fosgate jl audio ... because i really their quality but am not to sure about kicker i would like to experience with them in the future .

anyones opinions would help

cowboys_logo.gif

the kicker not picking up on the lows (and the sq thing) are primarily due to them tuning their prefab boxes to like 38-40hz. while it does make them very loud, people used to sealed or low-tuned boxes will notice the low end roll off, while people who have neve rhad anything, or arent as experienced, dont know that there is even anything under what the kickers can play and are just blown away by how loud they are.

as far as quality of build, they are very good, although not too forgiving of being overpowered. the rare exceptions to that rule are what have become common on these forums. almost all speakers on the market are intolerant of excessive power, and kicker is no exception. companies like dd/fi/dc that can handle way more than rated are the exception to the rule, although it might seem like all speakers should work like them.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

IMO... kicker is not a bad product... but better can be had for the money.... the cvr's and cvx's can sound fantastic in the right enclosures... and the solobarics get loud but dont sound the greatest... and are quick to get stinky... but it all depends on the many variables of the install... like i said... they are a tad overpriced but still a good product...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

i have a 15 l7 and it does not like being pushed past its rated power sql is decent. so far its been ok though

Edited by bassin taco

99 Toyota tacoma

- Alpine CDA 9887 head unit

- Rockford Mids & Highs

- Soundstreme TRX Mids & High amp

- Hifonics 2010D amp

- 15 Kicker L7

- 4 cube fiberglass box at 33 Hz

- optima yellow top

- big 3

- Knu wiring

- future vision 8K hids

- 36 square Ft damp pro with tweaker kit

soon to come

-1 more optima yellow top

Ive had 2 12 l7, 2 15 l7, three kicker cvr12, as well as 2 kicker cvr 15. They all definitely got loud but they really suffer without the proper HUGE ported boxing especially the l7. If you want loud obnoxious in even a sealed small crappy box but lacking in lows they do the job for pretty cheap. Out of all of those i listed i would only go with the 2 12 l7 or the 2 kicker 15 cvr which highly impressed me off a 1608d hifonics they took it like a champ and were just as loud if not slightly less than 2 kicker 15 l7 in the same crappy sealed same spec box same power, i wouldnt mind running a pair of 15 cvr in a big ported box or big sealed box they pound for really cheap. Im out of those kicker days and picked up some Audioques.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

cnat speak for how long mine are fairley new

99 Toyota tacoma

- Alpine CDA 9887 head unit

- Rockford Mids & Highs

- Soundstreme TRX Mids & High amp

- Hifonics 2010D amp

- 15 Kicker L7

- 4 cube fiberglass box at 33 Hz

- optima yellow top

- big 3

- Knu wiring

- future vision 8K hids

- 36 square Ft damp pro with tweaker kit

soon to come

-1 more optima yellow top

i bought 2 15" l7 when thay where brand new to the market and i loved em but it seemed the lead snaped real quick. also owend the eound solo and it was the best sub of it day thats what i think. i seen some in comps ive been to and thay seen to get loud low and get good #s

Edited by scfaust

IMO Its user error if you think Kicker squares don't sound good. As Polecat stated in the Kicker Forum, they've been winning SQ awards for 10 years.

Kicker products will last as long as you want them too as long as you know what your doing. :air_kiss:

Derp.

i'd run kicker shit, have no problem with them

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.