Sundown Audio

has anyone seen aq new beast amp

scfaust

I think I may get one....I was planning on 2 3500d.1s but if this stays around $1.8k ill def be getting it! Wonder how she'll do for a daily driver though? :(

Idle really badly then go KABOOOOOOM POK POK POK POK TSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH?

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

That's a lotta current for the driver to support.....esp if it is TL494 based...poof

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

That's a lotta current for the driver to support.....esp if it is TL494 based...poof

Hell no it's not TL494, no way those things are fast enough to switch a class D output.

I know what the part is but I'm not sure if I'm at liberty to say... they sand the top off the ICs in the amp.

The power supply section miggghhht be TL494 but I'm pretty these use something like MS3600 or whatever the part number is.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I really wonder how far they are going to try to scale that design before they decide to try something new. It's exactly the same architecture as a SAZ-3000D, I bet it's even the same IRF064N/IRFP360LC setup that has been around for years.

There's way chunkier MOSFETs out there now, that's why Soundigital and Stetsom are making amps with half the part count and the same power. Plus way less demand on the FET drivers...

I'm not saying it's not gonna be a beast of an amp... I just have my reservations about something that's essentially just a scaled up 3kw amp.

Looks like 32 IRFP064N and maybe 32 IRFP360LC... jebus, if that thing ever blows up, throw it in the bin, repair bill would break $1k I reckon.

EDITY EDIT: 2 piece board by the looks of it... interesting.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

im sure DJL will chime in soon enough

and iirc he is yet to release something that isnt totally reliable/underrated/proven power

he's even said he wont release it if he doesnt like it/doesnt satisfy the stringent testing (unlike rd)

rca jacks are niice, definately more powa than anything similiar (vfl1100.1, z2, k9....)

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

im sure DJL will chime in soon enough

and iirc he is yet to release something that isnt totally reliable/underrated/proven power

he's even said he wont release it if he doesnt like it/doesnt satisfy the stringent testing (unlike rd)

rca jacks are niice, definately more powa than anything similiar (vfl1100.1, z2, k9....)

Considering the various joy people have with amps of this ilk (Z2LV, Atomic 7kd, Cactus 7k, Hifonics Sampson, VFL1100.1) I'm not 100% sure we will see this amp in production... especially since I can't see anything which differentiates it significantly from the current crop of 'my amp made a sound like popcorn and now my car smells bad' amps.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived