Second Skin Audio

Box Design

Ludachris5150

The box I got for my 15" FI Q said 4.0^3 @ 32 Hz... Typed the specs in on exposports calculator, Turns out its like 4.6^3, .6^3 over FI's max. So Im going to build my own. This is what I came up with. I just want to make sure its right for the sub this time. If it checks out Im gunna go get the wood cut n start 2m. Let me know if Im ready to go!

boxalmostdone.jpg

Rebuild in progress...

All looks good to me. Port area is a little on the high side, but will work fine

Yea I know. Well I took 3.74 x 16 because people say 16 max per cube. Came out to like 59.84 or somethin. Figured .16 wasnt a big deal. I could make the port 3.5" wide instead of 4. What do you think?

Rebuild in progress...

Yea I know. Well I took 3.74 x 16 because people say 16 max per cube. Came out to like 59.84 or somethin. Figured .16 wasnt a big deal. I could make the port 3.5" wide instead of 4. What do you think?

I would if I were you. It's gonna make your net airspace slightly bigger, and you'll need to shorten your port some to keep at 32hz

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

I would if I were you. It's gonna make your net airspace slightly bigger, and you'll need to shorten your port some to keep at 32hz

Alright. Hows this lookn? Should be damn near right on? Im sure I could go lower than 32hz to but I think thats where I wanna stay.

boxalmostdone-1.jpg

Rebuild in progress...

Since Im only running the Q, I pry wouldnt need a 2nd baffle would I? Subs only 33lbs. I mean I guess I could. Would that change interior specs? Frequency?

I would definatly brace it. If you use dowel rods or all thread it will hardly take up any space and wont change the tuning much at all. Lets say u have 1'' dowel rod to figure out how much space it takes up multiply .5x.5x3.14x whatever the length is and divide by 1728. So a piece 13.5'' long would be .006 of airspace. Someone correct me if this is wrong. For a 2x4 do 1.5x3.5x13.5 divided by 1728=.041

TDH FTW !!!

I would definatly brace it. If you use dowel rods or all thread it will hardly take up any space and wont change the tuning much at all. Lets say u have 1'' dowel rod to figure out how much space it takes up multiply .5x.5x3.14x whatever the length is and divide by 1728. So a piece 13.5'' long would be .006 of airspace. Someone correct me if this is wrong. For a 2x4 do 1.5x3.5x13.5 divided by 1728=.041

Yea I pry will use some all thread. Aint really to worried about that displacment. More concerned about the 45's and how much they will take up. Gunna have 5 of em... But I assume that it wouldnt make a huge difference either

Rebuild in progress...

id say that port area is dependant on what you want out of it in the long run

theres no RULE that it needs to be 16max, ive in certain cases done 18-20sq in per cube

furthermore other then your sig, we have no ideas whatsoever what amp youll be running on the subwoofer, that being another determining factor. As well as what kinda music you listen to and if your looking for loudness or controlled sustained sound. IMO without those answers nobody can really say that you have to much or to little port area or even box size for that matter.

Archived