Second Skin Audio

Box Design

Ludachris5150

id say that port area is dependant on what you want out of it in the long run

theres no RULE that it needs to be 16max, ive in certain cases done 18-20sq in per cube

furthermore other then your sig, we have no ideas whatsoever what amp youll be running on the subwoofer, that being another determining factor. As well as what kinda music you listen to and if your looking for loudness or controlled sustained sound. IMO without those answers nobody can really say that you have to much or to little port area or even box size for that matter.

Ok to be a little more detaild. The box that the Q is currently in is .6^3 over 4^3 which is FI's max ported. So I want to build a box thats right for the sub. No competing, Or anything like that. I will be using the AQ1200D. Mainly listen to rap but I still want it tuned to 31-32hz (I love the lows). Im looking for loud and low basically. Sorry to keep changin the dimensions, This is what I came up with!

fucknbox.jpg

And no my pic isnt how the box is gunna come together... Jus mockd up a box with the paint program. You should allready know from looking at the specs tho

Rebuild in progress...

Ok to be a little more detaild. The box that the Q is currently in is .6^3 over 4^3 which is FI's max ported. So I want to build a box thats right for the sub. No competing, Or anything like that. I will be using the AQ1200D. Mainly listen to rap but I still want it tuned to 31-32hz (I love the lows). Im looking for loud and low basically. Sorry to keep changin the dimensions, This is what I came up with!

fucknbox.jpg

And no my pic isnt how the box is gunna come together... Jus mockd up a box with the paint program. You should allready know from looking at the specs tho

make sure you calculate the area the 45s will take up and whatever bracing you use before time, as they do take up more then youd generally think.

imo 3.5 cubes net after all bracing and 45s with about 60 sq in of port should do well. yea its a little over 17 per cube but in your application it should be more then fine considering your wanting it loud and low. the 32hz tuning should be fine as well... what kinda vehicle is it in also

make sure you calculate the area the 45s will take up and whatever bracing you use before time, as they do take up more then youd generally think.

imo 3.5 cubes net after all bracing and 45s with about 60 sq in of port should do well. yea its a little over 17 per cube but in your application it should be more then fine considering your wanting it loud and low. the 32hz tuning should be fine as well... what kinda vehicle is it in also

Its goin in my 92 cadillac deville. I dont know how to find the displacement for the 45's either? But I wouldnt think itd bring me from 3.96 to anything under 3.5. Thats pry all the bracing Im gunna do tho. So besides the 45's displacement does it look ok? Someone told me the total port length of 21" isnt enough for 32hz? Fuck Im getn frustrated, I jus want to get it done, But at the same time do it right the 1st time u know. (the port is 3.5" wide also, Forgot to mention that up above)

Rebuild in progress...

your 45 displacementy is going to be dependant on if you mathematically place the one in the port or you just eyeball a 45 into there

if its proper then find volume for one hxwhxd divided by 2 will get you the volume of one multiply that by how many you do divide by 1728 to get cubic feet displaced and theres your displacement for 45s

if you use dowels pi times the radius squared times length of dowel gives you the area of that divide by 1728 to get cubic feet displaced

your 45 displacementy is going to be dependant on if you mathematically place the one in the port or you just eyeball a 45 into there

if its proper then find volume for one hxwhxd divided by 2 will get you the volume of one multiply that by how many you do divide by 1728 to get cubic feet displaced and theres your displacement for 45s

if you use dowels pi times the radius squared times length of dowel gives you the area of that divide by 1728 to get cubic feet displaced

Cool, Thanks... So Besides does it check out? Port length and everything?

Rebuild in progress...

i would go with the second design and if you double baffle it it will not change anything. should sound good

-Car: 2006 Ford expedition King Ranch

-Subs: 2 FI BTLs 18 fully loaded

-amps: 2 sundown SAZ 3000D

-Alternator: DC Power 260 amps

-Batterys: 2 optima yellowtops

-A whole shit load of 0 guage knu hyper flex and raptor cable

-Rockford Fosegate 3sixty

Archived