Second Skin Audio

Box Design

Ludachris5150

Are you going to compete with this or just daily bump?

With the dimensions you gave me, I would take the additional airspace and lower tuning and just leave the 45's out.

I have used at least 10 boxes with and without 45's. Yes, all of them gained on the meter when I added the 45's (some more than others), but to the ear, I have never heard the difference.

Why don't you just add 45's to your current box to bring the volume down???

PM me all of the dimensions to your current box and let me see what I could do with it. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Are you going to compete with this or just daily bump?

With the dimensions you gave me, I would take the additional airspace and lower tuning and just leave the 45's out.

I have used at least 10 boxes with and without 45's. Yes, all of them gained on the meter when I added the 45's (some more than others), but to the ear, I have never heard the difference.

Why don't you just add 45's to your current box to bring the volume down???

PM me all of the dimensions to your current box and let me see what I could do with it. . .

Im goin straight daily, No competing what so ever... And I dont wanna bother taking my current box apart to add the 45's, Ill fuck it up somehow. Id rather just start from scratch. Really I think Im set on the 2nd design I postd. The guy swears its accurate. Damn near 33Hz was a little highr than I wantd but oh well. Can you just crunch the numbers of the 2nd design and let me know what you get? The designr swears its 3.79ft^3 @ 32.61Hz. Torres from this site said he got 3.56ft^3 @ 32.92Hz... Which is it?

Rebuild in progress...

Calculate it for yourself. Here is a pic to help and I calculated it myself.

379cu326hzproof.png

And with an effective port length of 33.6569" you get a tuning of 32.61hz. If your really worried about half a hz tuning add 2" to the 10 5/8 , 9 7/8 board so it is 12 5/8 , 11 7/8. That will put you internal volume at 3.71 ft^3 @ 32.18hz

Calculate it for yourself. Here is a pic to help and I calculated it myself.

379cu326hzproof.png

And with an effective port length of 33.6569" you get a tuning of 32.61hz. If your really worried about half a hz tuning add 2" to the 10 5/8 , 9 7/8 board so it is 12 5/8 , 11 7/8. That will put you internal volume at 3.71 ft^3 @ 32.18hz

Awesome thank you. I went n got the wood today. All cut besides the 45's, Pry do that 2m. Startd it tho. Ill have pics in my thread soon. I pry will go with 12 5/8 , 11 7/8. Got titebond II, Screws also but I dont think Im gunna use em. I appreciate everyones advice and all your help!

Rebuild in progress...

Your lucky, nobody even responded to my thread :/ (here)

Maybe it was my lack of sketch up skills,

anyway, I think the setup looks awesome now with the new tune, keep up the good work :)

Thanks man, I appreciate it. It took alot of questions from alot of different people. Im sure I startd to get on alot of peoples nerves to lol, But thats what half this site is for. If you ask the right questions, Give all specific details and give it time. Someone will help you out!

Rebuild in progress...

Archived