Got My Vid Card Now My Pc Is Slow

whats the voltage to the card ? do you know?

1 stick of ram = 1 gig, do you have the correct kind/speed ? have you played with the latency at all?

whats the voltage to the Ram?

430 watts is a decent size psu but if you can afford a bigger one, buy one.

Also....EDIT

I had an Issue with a older pc not liking Big sticks of ram, it wouldnt run correctly with anything over 512 a stick, luckily I had 4 slots.

I dont know what the voltage to the card is is there a way to find out

yea the manufacture says i can run 2 gigs of ram i have. 3 gigs if i run slower

dont know the voltage to the ram

im upgrading this mobo and processor at the end of summer and passing all this stuff to my dad I can probably get a power supply and give him this one aswell.

idk the computer seems to be doing well i played ut demo and it did great so idk every thing was on the highest setting except the player detail

is there a brake in period for new video cards or something ive never bought a new vid card before so idk the 128 meg card i used to have was used off ebay

No breakin period, I would recommend to get 2 sticks of 512, picture it like this. Your Sticks of ram are lanes on a high way, and the cars are the data, if you have 1 lane (one stick of ram) then you cant get that many cars through, but if you have 2 lanes (2 sticks of 512) you can get double the data in, plus you free up bottle necks, and you also can dual channel that shit. I recognized that is a gigabyte mobo, I have one of them, dual channel is the best...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

i figured it out. The power wire that connects to the back of video card got just enof loose to break contact at the y connector. the video card was then powering 2 fans :o

i figured it out. The power wire that connects to the back of video card got just enof loose to break contact at the y connector. the video card was then powering 2 fans :o

That will do it, im glad that you figuerd it out... I had my video card hooked up with my 2 fans on my case, and every once and a while, my monitor would shut off, and fans would cut out, found out it was something with the power. Ran a seprate molex to my vid card, and everything is fine now. Glad you got it

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

LOl I was gonna suggest looking at your power connections to the Vidcard, my dad called me yesterday and had the same issue, the vidcard wasnt connected to the power supply.

good to hear its fixxed.

in your bios you can look at how much voltage your ram is getting same with the cpu, and Gpu.