Got My Vid Card Now My Pc Is Slow

ok so I got my new video card in today my 3dmark03 #s went from 800 to just over 6,000 lol even tho the 3dmarks increased the pc seems to lag a bit now and boot up time has increased. any ideas why?

What kind of & how much RAM are you running? Also, whats the video card?

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

You also want to make sure that your processor is capable of handling a fast video card, you get too much speed with your card, and not enough speed to back the card power from the processor or ram, then you get a bottle neck, slowing down your computer...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

the card is PNY VCG76512SAPB GeForce 7600GS 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP

its a p4 2.5 running at 3 ghrz with a gig of ddr ram

I had the latest drivers from nvidea but i was experiencing some issues so took them off and im now running the drivers that came with the card. Still experiencing the slow boot ups and such.

all it did was drop my 3d score and cpu tempature a lil bit theres a new screen when the pc boots now looks like its checking the video card or something. it displays the card type and such but it flash by to fast to read every thing

If your RAM is different types, then it is hard to over clock your cpu. When you overclock your CPU you over clock your ram, and if your ram isnt capable of running at those speeds then slower speeds happen, and you could damage something. I had 2 gigs in this computer, and tried to over clock (2 sticks were the same, and then I had a different pair of 512's in here), needless to say I ripped out the older 512's and it OC's perfectly now. Sounds like a power, or over heating issue... shit slows down when it over heats...

Also, PSU's are responsible for 13% or computer freeze ups, so make sure you getting enough juice to that BEAST!

Edited by Cdizzle

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

when i got a new video card, and a bigger stick of ram, i had to buy a power supply to put out enuff power for the video card... after i had to piss around with disabling the on-board video, it made a HUGE difference, my computer is an older p.o.s. emachines, and couldnt even handle some of the cheaper games, but afterwards, it handled them a lot better...

no0b4lif3-SMD.jpg