Sonic Electronix

subwoofers just stopped working?

Is that your alarm brain stuck beside the battery? If it is I would go punch the guy who installed it in the face and tell him next time, do his friggin' job properly. That's if he didn't put it there so he can come back and jack your car later.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

i had him put the battery on... i dont think he would steal my car though.. hes the same guy who installed my system.. what did he do wrong? i mean its just a cheap alarm that will make noise if a doors open but that can be fixed easily by anybody who would want to steal my car.

not much i can do about it i dont think. he put it there and connected it to a wire so when someone opens my door, and the dome light turns on, the alarm goes off.

you kinda have me concerned with that reply.. can you explain further please?

thanks

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

i had him put the battery on... i dont think he would steal my car though.. hes the same guy who installed my system.. what did he do wrong? i mean its just a cheap alarm that will make noise if a doors open but that can be fixed easily by anybody who would want to steal my car.

not much i can do about it i dont think. he put it there and connected it to a wire so when someone opens my door, and the dome light turns on, the alarm goes off.

you kinda have me concerned with that reply.. can you explain further please?

thanks

The way I was taught... if you're gonna install an alarm that can be bypassed in all of 5 seconds, why bother to put the alarm in? Takes only 10 minutes longer to install the brain way, way up in the depths of your dash or somewhere really awkward to get to.

How yours is installed it provides 0 protection from theft. Only a stupid thief opens the door first, and that's all I'm prepared to say. I don't want the wrong people getting ideas.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

yeah but doesnt the clip still have to be on the wire by the battery? so even if it was in the dash, the clips wouldnt even reach all the way back to the battery and a thief would just be able to unclip it as soon as he opens the hood. sounds just as easy to a thief either way unless it doesnt have to have those clips placed on top of the battery where they are now.

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

It just needs a voltage feed, probably constant 12v... which you can find in about 1000 places in the cabin.

But then if you don't have a hood sensor, again, what's the point. Open the hood, chop the battery cable, steal your system. Well I guess it gives you remote central locking if you didn't have that already and probably chirps at you if you leave a door open and arm it...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

ok the guy who installed my stuff wont be back until wednesday so im stuck with my subs like this.

how can i fix this without any audio testing tools and stuff? like taking apart the amp and stuff is there anything i can do?

if it went into protection mode how would i go about getting it out?

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Fucking weak man.

ok the guy who installed my stuff wont be back until wednesday so im stuck with my subs like this.

how can i fix this without any audio testing tools and stuff? like taking apart the amp and stuff is there anything i can do?

if it went into protection mode how would i go about getting it out?

if the amp went into protect the red light on the amp should be glowing if it's in protect

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

Check the fuses. Pull them out and look at the center of each to see that they are still "connected" from one side to the other.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

okay im sitting outside of dillons and i turn my headunit up a little loud and notice some faint bass that i thought was my door speakers but it kinda didnt match up.

so i get out and pop my trunk and feel my subs for vibration and i feel some faint vibrating going on but barely noticable. atleast i think so because i could feel my backseat vibrating barely also. i couldnt feel air ouy of the port or anything though.

has this been known to happen before to anybody? because i dont

think im imagining it.

does this mean its blown?

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Fucking weak man.

Archived