Custom Coil Qs

528hz

u can go with DD

they are done the way u want them

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Just make sure you have the current to back it up.

I've been running my 4k for over a year now on a stock 150a alt, 3 Batcap 2000s, and my stock 100 ah battery.

It's never gotten hot. Warm, but not hot. I keep it underneath the floor in the spare tire well with a single 5 in. crossflow fan on it.

Hmm...is was worth a shot, I guess.

The D2s would actually be great if buddy above is running 1.5 to his Stetsom.

I'm still in conflict with exactly what subs I want to run anyway, but best to get the small particulars out of the way first.

Thanks for all your help, E A R T H.

Not to bash brands or anything...but I don't condone using those amplifiers (or anything remotely similar) on a daily driving basis at all.

I've had WAY too many issues out of those types of designs (which is nothing but a DC motor controller drive turned amplifier) that has to do with the classic saying of "Sh1t rolls down hill"...

Everything adds up and everything goes down hill and ends up at us...the sub...which blows...and then we get fingers pointed at us even though it is not our fault at all, as it is the fault of the "intelligent" engineer who designed the power supply for those things...on a resistor on a test bench...totally not regarding how a speaker works.

I'm diligently working on a white paper as to "Why" it is not smart to do what is being done..and why it is very very very bad for speakers. Yeah..you get a lot of power...you also burn a lot of stuff up too.

I'm hoping to find the time to have all of the graphs done and the paper written and released in the next few months..hopefully father time will cooperate.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Personnally, coming from a business owner such as yourself; not a very politically correct statement regarding other products. Did you read where I've been SUCCESSFULLY running this amp for over a year? And where does your crying about subs blowing up and people coming back to you come from? None of this has anything to do with my simple, initial proposed question of "can you do custom coils for me?" All you could have said was "yeah sure" or "no, I'm sorry."

Why drag other brands or amps into this?

Your "white paper" tactics to try and turn people away from running certain amps is a bad move and only causes people to want to stir up arguments. I've heard both sides of the STETSOM argument, and all I can atest to is my personnal experience and appreciation.

Now...I don't claim to know as much about amps or subs as you do, but what I do know is that my STETSOM has been treating me perfectly and so have my RD subs.

RD may not have the best CS or past history with consumer relations, but they have great products in my mind and I'll stick to running some of their subs since I've been nothing but pleased with all the ones I've owned. My 500 watt RMS Sonances have neither coil burn or blown up after taking a 1000.

I'll keep my $1000 and go elsewhere...

Personnally, coming from a business owner such as yourself; not a very politically correct statement regarding other products. Did you read where I've been SUCCESSFULLY running this amp for over a year? And where does your crying about subs blowing up and people coming back to you come from? None of this has anything to do with my simple, initial proposed question of "can you do custom coils for me?" All you could have said was "yeah sure" or "no, I'm sorry."

Why drag other brands or amps into this?

Your "white paper" tactics to try and turn people away from running certain amps is a bad move and only causes people to want to stir up arguments. I've heard both sides of the STETSOM argument, and all I can atest to is my personnal experience and appreciation.

Now...I don't claim to know as much about amps or subs as you do, but what I do know is that my STETSOM has been treating me perfectly and so have my RD subs.

RD may not have the best CS or past history with consumer relations, but they have great products in my mind and I'll stick to running some of their subs since I've been nothing but pleased with all the ones I've owned. My 500 watt RMS Sonances have neither coil burn or blown up after taking a 1000.

I'll keep my $1000 and go elsewhere...

No.

You read that the wrong way, quit getting defensive over your amplifier I could care less what anybody runs, I do not condone using the "7000 watt" amplifiers for the following reasons. I'm saying that the people have not once thought in the design process of the amplifier of what is actually going into the speaker...they yank up the switching frequency of the power supply to make the amps really itty bitty so they get 8 billion watts out of an amp that is the size of a laptop on a 12 volt supply...so it is "efficient" right?

Here's a riddle for you...and this is what I have found in testing trying to figure out what causes tinsel leads to explode.

Have you ever thrown a fork in a microwave and turned it on? Guess what happens when you hit the resonant frequency of a tinsel lead...if you don't filter it out..and get rid of it (even though you cant hear it it does not mean that it is not there) the tinsel leads resonate...generating heat..and explodes like a fuse.

I'll take a crown amp all day every day over anything that resembles a huge class D amp or a DC motor controller....from being completely observant and testing wondering how these kids are exploding these things..same exact power current and voltage...the only difference is the switching frequency of the power supply...one will explode a tinsel lead like dropping a piece of tin foil on a battery..and the other one will play it from now until something breaks or the world ends.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

I will go forth and submit my apologies for being somewhat hasty, but you're still arguing the same point. Why bring up something that is completely irrelevant to the question at hand, "Will you build custom coils?" I didn't ask you to give me lecturing on how to run what I run. And I'm not getting defensive over the amp thing, I'm getting defensive because you are blatently questioning my comprehension of what I am doing and on top of that digging you and your company into an even bigger hole. I wonder why all these "haters" talk shit about Fi...You might want to take some notes on CS from Jacob, he seems to be the only one in the industry that knows how to deal with people without consistantly pissing them off.

What your analogy is describing is clipping, corrent? Tensil leads burning up? Of course I'm going to defend a product if it holds true to how it will perform. I get sick an tired of company after company talking shit about other companies. It's one thing to take a shot at them if they take a shot at you, but it's another thing to talk shit about a company when you see a competitive product that could hurt your business. That's what is happening here, you're doing nothing but trying to tear down other companies for your friends. I don't rep Stetsom, but I will vouch for what they have done for me.

Oh...by the way...here's what my tensil leads look like after taking TWICE the RMS power they are rated for from my 4k2d:

DSCN1575.jpg

DSCN1577.jpg

No, Nick is NOT talking about clipping. Infact what he is say is very true. While you might want to jump up and down on him for pointing some very factual information on the brand of amp mentioned, I would actually wait before you make the assumption you just did.

www.BladeICE.com

UK/European Distributors

Ascendant Audio

Fi Car Audio

XS Power

KnuKonceptz.co.uk

Facebook

Youtube Channel

Archived