any DJs out there?need help with setup!

those CDJ 1000's are nice but kind of out of my budget to get 2 decks for 3k,still need all kinds of equipment.maybe in the future ill add them,also SL3"scratch live Dj" will allow me to play any song from my laptop,and scratch with vinyl turntables,comes with special vinyl records/CDJ CDs

and yeah that does sound nice to spin/scratch videos

ill try to price a setup with CDJ 1000's and see what they will come up to

input appriciated!

Oh yeah, the initial investment is steep but $1800 if you are able to find two good used once will pay for itself almost immediately in not having to buy vinyl. You can still spin vinyl mp3's easily and record them that way if you want, it sounds good too.

BTW, please don't get that Behringer Mixer, seriously, they have major level and phasing problems I've heard and you need something good.

If it was an older Behringer it might be different but the new ones are supposed to be pretty bad. Look on google for reviews of them. I think Gearslutz.com has people debating back and forth about them often.

images-1.jpg

Like I said in my PM;

Bi-amplifiy the MRX cabinets. The MRX515 does appreciate an active corssover network, the DCX2496 I specified will be able to handle the filtering, dynamics and time alignment required to do this properly. A pair of MRX sub-low speakers will do you fine, and give you the option of using one, two, or no low frequency bins depending on the size of the venue, target audience etc.

I would stay away from the PV series of loudspeakers. They are a far cry from the old SP series that gives Peavey it's 'Can't kill it with an axe' motto.

So;

3 x EP2500 (or similar)

2 x MRX515

2 x MRX518

1 x DCX2496

1 x 10RU Rolling Rack

4 x SpeakON leads (IMPORTANT - THEY MUST BE FOUR CORE AND HAVE NL4 CONNECTORS)

This gives you a Front Of House system with linearity and a wide frequency range with less time smear than a standard FOH setup. It gives you flexibility, power, and reliability. Plus, the little orange JBL logo gets you gigs. I don't agree with it, but it does.

You choose your input source.

Cheers,

Mick

i have most of your PM in my setup lol. are the 15''s the subs or the loudspeakers?should i get the 525 "dual 15" MRX cabin" or 2 single cabin 15''s?

also the 10RU rolling rack now added to the list,also the speakon leads..

thanks for your input Mick,ill see if the local store and order some of those amps and price match them aswell..

so one amp to each sub,then 1 amp for the pair of loudspeakers?

well if they cant get the amps then ill have to go somewhere else for those,or i believe they have crown and QCS brands

2001 Black Monte Carlo SS chrome 20''

(1) Alpine i-9881 deck-ipod-

(2) DC lvl 4XL 18''s-Walled-

(1) DAT Hellfire - 2500.1-fused-

(1) D3400 XS Power battery-fused-

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

(1) DC POWER ALT INSTALLED BY ROB FTW,Big3

(1) Viper 5901 Alarm + killer yorkies and chihuahas

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

bass in this city, i look out the window and its my mom bumping Gorilla Zoe

Serato Scratch Live or that other one, can't remember the name... both excellent.

Rane?

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

Me personally, I'd stick with the MRX515. I have never quite liked the idea of the dual 15" cabinet. Too heavy, can't fly them, can't fly them on a pole etc. I still think the MRX515 Loudspeakers (15" loudspeaker with 2" HF device) coupled to MRX518 woofers will give you one of the most versitile and smooth sounding reinforcement systems in that price bracket.

Chuck two two amplifiers on the paper and one on the titanium and hang on to your hats.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Me personally, I'd stick with the MRX515. I have never quite liked the idea of the dual 15" cabinet. Too heavy, can't fly them, can't fly them on a pole etc. I still think the MRX515 Loudspeakers (15" loudspeaker with 2" HF device) coupled to MRX518 woofers will give you one of the most versitile and smooth sounding reinforcement systems in that price bracket.

Chuck two two amplifiers on the paper and one on the titanium and hang on to your hats.

Cheers,

Mick

yeah i see what your saying now.

and thanks everyone for your help..

i need some more mixer options =)

and also i think ima go with the M3D version of the technics 1200 turntables.

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

for head phones i suggest skullcandy but they might not be what your looking

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/all-product...mpaign=homepage

Pioneer DEH-P3000IB head unit

Rockford T1000.1bd

Two AQ SDC 2.5 12s

My build log.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/84319-darthballsy1s-04-ford-ranger-video-build-log/

v59y52.png

im not even sure what im looking for yet =p but ill keep my options open,thanks!

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

I agree on the JBL logo getting you more gigs. My old pavey monitirs sounded much better than my JBL's, but people were more impressed with the JBL logo. or you could be sneaaky and buy some gutted JBL cabs and then make your own custom cab to fit your needs.

and that list was a very basic setup (mixer was the one thing i just kinda picked. you can find the pioneers CDJ's and mixer combo on craigslist for a very good price.) if you are going to be doing a lot of moving and possibly even upstairs gigs, def go active cabinets. it may not give you as nice of options as far as adjustments, but much easier to move around.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

They look cool and sound cool for the first few weeks you have them but they do fall apart too. I guess I am Mr Negative, but I've done a fair amount of headphone testing (at least with the earbuds) and it is hard to find headphones that don't just fall apart after a couple of naps at school or in the airport (obviously sleeping tends to put stress on them).

As far as full headphones go I never understood why a DJ would pay money for more than was needed.

A) they are the only person listening to them

B) only one ear is ever really used

C) why don't they have some kind of tiny monitor or something like musicians have?

D) quality doesn't matter as long as you can hear what you need to hear (bass, clicks, snare hits)

Honestly, if you want to cut corners on your budget skip the $150 pretty boy headphones (that I do like, don't get me wrong). It's a huge waste of money and those headphones are also bound to break sooner or later (they always have such weak plastic in the middle).

images-1.jpg