Sonic Electronix

Blowing windows, whats my chance?

No offenese but with the ?'s you have been asking I don't recommend you run your lvl 5 at 4kw. Trust me you'll have a blown woofer in no time.

noob questions but seems to have a good head on his shoulders. ill bet the OP will learn fast. of corse dealing with so much power when your new is cause for consern. do a lot of research on how to set your gains with a DMM. the more you read the less chance you will have of smoking something.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

noob questions but seems to have a good head on his shoulders. ill bet the OP will learn fast. of corse dealing with so much power when your new is cause for consern. do a lot of research on how to set your gains with a DMM. the more you read the less chance you will have of smoking something.

making myself feel like more of a noob here but, DMM?

Im trying to decide if I should go with just MDF for the entire box and fiberglass for the part that holds the sub or if I should do just a wood frame with fiberglass as the box/walls itself.

Here is a pic of what I quickly sketched up on paint, I need opinions on functionality, design, etc etc

Boxdesign-1.jpg

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

DMM means Digital MultiMeter

$20 at Crappy Tire for them usually.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

As far as tuning, don't spend money on an oscope, but rather try to borrow one ^_^

I bought an oscope and only used it a few times. It's not sitting in my closet collecting dust.

It's not even useful for the electronic courses because they provide those 20k oscope lunchboxes in the labs

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

making myself feel like more of a noob here but, DMM?

Im trying to decide if I should go with just MDF for the entire box and fiberglass for the part that holds the sub or if I should do just a wood frame with fiberglass as the box/walls itself.

do you know about working with fiberglass? its a good thing to learn how to do but make sure you arnt in any hurry to get it done. takes a lot of sanding to get it ready for paint. put a 2x4 under the middle of the amp rack to help protect your amp from vibrations. or an even better way is to use 1.5" or bigger dowels under each mounting foot of the amp (inside the box)

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

theres a vid on youtube of a lexus blowing out the windshield...but its like 6 15's walled with obscene amounts of power tuned wayyyy low

noone really blows out windows, despite what your friends may say

lmao the stories i have hurd regarding that crap. my subs broke my windows or my friends subs were flexing 6'' out the box...im like really, 6'' that nice man...ha

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

Archived