Well I've been wantin' a good durable bed-liner to replace to old plastic one that was in it when I got it...

I don't have experience with DIY (Hurculiner, Durabak, etc.) roll-on, I know it requires alot of prep work though.

My question is should I do it my self and would it look decent? Or should I spend the extra money and take it to a professional shop like Rhino or Line-X?

I also want to do the bottom 6 inches or so where the tan trim paint starts.

If anyone has any experience with roll-on could you give me a few pointers? And if you did the bottom (I guess rocker panels??) let me know what you thought and how it turned out... Thanks

Pic of my truck |

------------------\/

mytruckresized.jpg

--- Also, Should I take off the plastic bed rails and line over the top of the bed??? Someone told me that there are grooves under the rail, I guess like slots in the metal where they attach...??? so Would I be able to do it if I wanted to?

Edited by HamillTheAnimal

You can DIY and make it look like you paid someone to do it.

Just did mine.

img1264994344129.jpg

I bought the Herculiner and sprayed it, seemed like it'd be much quicker than rolling it on.

I spent $160 total on materials.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

yeah my neighbor did the same thing as ^^^ and looks almost exactly the same as if you get it done at a shop. I would def do it myself it i had it. as far as taking the old plastic one off, personally i hate those lol id ripp it off. I work at a tire shop and Ive seen trucks come in with bedliner all the way around about 6in high and looks pretty good and protects your pain, and it works great on bumpers. my friend has a jeep and he has his bumpers coated with bedliner.

Looks damn good qu1cks1lver56 - and hell of alot cheaper too --- how many coats did you spay on???

And thanks for the input BeatBox, Yeah, I've seen a couple pics while researching all this bed liner stuff a while back where people have completely lined their trucks in the stuff, I'll probably do my bed and rocker panels with hurculiner since it looks like its just as good as any rhino or line-x job.... and I think it looks better, it looks like it has rubber granules while the professional jobs just look like a coat of rubbery paint, no texture

I used one that you can buy at Advance Auto on all the work trucks here a few years back. I think it cost about $60-70 per truck to do. prep is not that hard, clean the bed out then take a scuff pad and scuff it up, clean it again and do work. I added sand to the ones i did for extra gripability or something.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

friend of mine did the roll on herculiner in his truck, it looks pretty good for what it is...he isnt the sharpest tool in the shed so there are some parts people should never be able to see but with the right prep work and some patience it will come out lookin like top dollar stuff.

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon: