Anyone own a newer Vizio TV?

I might be purchasing a new TV since the lamp on my current tv burned out. Not sure if I want to pay $200 for a new lamp on a 4 year old TV or purchase a new TV with updated technology. If I do, I'm looking at the Vizio 47 and 55 inch LED LCD TV's. They've gotten great reviews and other companies can't compare for the price.

I know Vizio started off as a low end brand but they have made a come up. I've always purchased Sony TV's but these Vizio's are hard to pass up for the price.

55 inch

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate....amp;pCatg=14489

47 inch

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate....amp;pCatg=14489

they look alot better, ive had my *older vizio for going on almost 3 years or so.. i love it

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Vizio = Sony, so you'd still be buying a Sony TV lol. But for $200 why not just buy another bulb? a 4-year old TV is NOT that outdated.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

Vizio = Sony, so you'd still be buying a Sony TV lol. But for $200 why not just buy another bulb? a 4-year old TV is NOT that outdated.

I'm confused as to why Vizio=Sony.

However, I bought a 22" Vizio that I use as a TV and second monitor for my laptop. I love it. It cost me $200 shipped, but I got the 1080p model, so it's worth every penny. I love the thing. My brother also bought one to take to school with him and he loves his. I think he got the 27". I've never had any issues with mine. I'd recommend Vizio to anybody.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Oh yeah it is. It's only 1080i, 60hz refresh rate, 1 hdmi port (I had to buy an hdmi switch). If I can remember correctly, at the time 1080p was just getting started so there were only a handful of TV's that supported it. Plus I had to buy the matching stand to go with it. So if I get a new TV I'll be mounting it on my wall which will give my kids some more room to mess around in the living room.

Vizio, Sony, etc are not equal...

Some of the lower end sony's use the same displays as the vizios... but imo the background technology also matters... such as the various chips that control local dimming, etc

Sony, Vizio, and a few other manufactures get their display's manufactured from the same company.

@ OP Get the 55 inch led version

I have heard nothing but good things about that model, I also saw one locally its hard to beat. I mean yeah it's not as good as a 5000 grand sony or samsung. But price to performance ratio it's amazing.

777319156.png

How do you figure Vizio = Sony? Vizio is a privately owned company...

Best bang for the buck... IMO Vizio is what you want.

What kind of DLP or LCD projection TV do you have right now? I'd just replace the bulb on it personally...

Whatever you get I would stay away from Samsung... highest repair rate out of any tv company right now... and I've heard that from two of their techs that come out to fix tv's and one person I worked with at CC back in the day that writes for a A/V blog.

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I think what he was trying to say is that a lot of the companies these days don't truthfully make their own displays. They get parts from here and there...slap them together...

Edited by Moti
777319156.png