so i get stoped by a city cop, complete dick and tell me to remove my window tint, i have 5 all around and low strip(understandable) He even yelled at me for not being buckled up, only for me to show him it was under my coat and not to get an attitude.

I make an apt. for a week later (when i get paid)

He pulls me over 2 days prior to my apt. gives me a citation and says i cant even have a strip.

I tell him i work for the county sheriff dept, i know for a fact i can to the AS1 line.

So now i have court on march 3rd, my windows are now legal, however the law is vague on the rear windows for an MPV.

I go to school in one of the top murder capitols of the world, and you can see directly into my truck, see my wall, pillars, dvd player.

I have an alarm, and in 3 years, stopped 5 times for other shit, never been bothered for tint, nor cited.

Do i ask for an amendment in court since i took care of it, then retint it and avoid his jurisdiction and risk being towed the next time?

I hate knowing people see everything in my truck, how else can i get privacy when im at school, put up some blinds? lol

Edited by mxman38

What percentage did you have? looks like you can have all your windows tinted(except windshield) at 30%

http://www.tintlaws.com/laws/IN/

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

check to see if your state allows for exemptions, I have a medical exemption for window tint and have the front windshield tinted as well as the sides and back blacked out. All I did was have my doctor write a letter to the DPS office and a few weeks later I was good to go.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

check to see if your state allows for exemptions, I have a medical exemption for window tint and have the front windshield tinted as well as the sides and back blacked out. All I did was have my doctor write a letter to the DPS office and a few weeks later I was good to go.

ya we have exemptions, but how the fuck do i go about getting a dr. note? aint that a bit fishy... although my eyes are super fuckin sensitive to light.

Also the OP, that is 30% on CARS, not MPV's. an MPV is like a extra cab truck-van etc.

ya we have exemptions, but how the fuck do i go about getting a dr. note? aint that a bit fishy... although my eyes are super fuckin sensitive to light.

Also the OP, that is 30% on CARS, not MPV's. an MPV is like a extra cab truck-van etc.

Just make an appointment with your doctor or in a pinch, go to an ermergency room. An eye doctor anywhere, even Wallyworld can probably grt you what you need. Be advised though that it maight backfire on you in the future if you want a job as a pilot or something requiring perfect vision. or the Air Force where they would certainly check. Good luck!

Arc Audio

Pioneer

Memphis

Massive

Mechman

Rockford Fosgate

Dakota Digital

Soon to be DC audio!!!

An MPV is a minivan. My dad had one. And I'm sure 5% isn't legal in most states. Certainly not here in NY.

not to be an ass, but did you read my post at all?

I said an MPV was a van .... and i also never said 5% wasnt illegal. I asked what else to do legally to protect my system.

I hate having no tint, it makes me feel "naked" lol like everyone is watching you while you drive.

i would do 20% it not gonna be as dark as 5% but it will keep ppl from seeing inside from a ft back, it doesnt look that dark at first but once you have all the windows tinted it looks darker than what it really is. I had 5% on my White accord and got pulled over a few times for that finally took it off and did 20%, something is better than nothing. Hope this helps :-)