Sonic Electronix

Does bass shake the brain?

Bass & the Brain  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Can you feel bass affecting your brain function during play?

• Yes
    • You're paranoid
    • No

Its not "7hz".

If you want to find the resonant frequency of your skull use a dial caliper (picture below) and measure the flex of your skull ;)

lathe_internal_groove_1.JPG

Lol, now we just need someone dumb enough to put their head inside that while we blast them with 160+ dB's.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

my 18" will vibrate my vision on some songs pretty good....but the question being about bass.... i belive its at like 170db you will die from bass or right around there maybe a little more but it will like dislocate your brain from your skull look it up online

my 2 12's off 600wrms give me a headache if i listen to them for a prolonged time. 142DB at 60-70hz IMO hurts. My system actually bothers my ears more than a buddy of mines car that has 4 18"s

His 18"s are clearly louder, but they dont hit the upper frequency's like my 12's

Pioneer 500UB

1 LVL4 15" 4.3cubes tuned to 35HZ

BXi1606D

1/0

Red top in back

JBL 5 1/4's front

Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's rear

145.7 Legal on music New Audio Control

i got about 2500 watts, never got metered, but the "ear-o-meter" says upper 140s (local shops/friends are telling me from experience) and my head doesnt hurt, except after a while of playing, my ears are kinda dead when i get out the car and i feel dizzy. However, i sat in a car with 1800 watts of mids/highs and my head was 20 times more fucked up and my ears were dead for about 5 hours, so highs tend to fuck me up more than bass, so i guess it depends on the person

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

i got about 2500 watts, never got metered, but the "ear-o-meter" says upper 140s (local shops/friends are telling me from experience) and my head doesnt hurt, except after a while of playing, my ears are kinda dead when i get out the car and i feel dizzy. However, i sat in a car with 1800 watts of mids/highs and my head was 20 times more fucked up and my ears were dead for about 5 hours, so highs tend to fuck me up more than bass, so i guess it depends on the person

More like 2200..And it's probably Mid 40's.

4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur.

Team gg

Team DOA

My Videos :)

I have demoed my car for a few people that said it feels like their brain is rattling. It doesnt effect me, when i really crank it up it blurs my vision. I have sat in Loganberrys truck and his setup is the loudest i have ever heard in person and i could feel it in my ear drums like someone was shoving something in there and It felt like a weight on my chest when i tried to breath. But didnt feel it rattling my brain.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

Archived