Second Skin Audio

12" Subs in the $75-100 Range

Get a type R used and build a ported box for it. You can get them for $100 or less used. a 2 cu.ft. box tuned to 33hz would be good for it.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

AUDIOPIPE

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

i personally still have my "Budget" subs and i love them. They have treated me very well over the past couple of years.

Naturally my opinion is biased because of that. :P

Diamond Audio D3's.

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

Get a type R used and build a ported box for it. You can get them for $100 or less used. a 2 cu.ft. box tuned to 33hz would be good for it.

thats exactly what i was going to recommend. thats my best suggestion. they are the best bang for the buck as far as im concerend.

currently just running a JL 12W7 and RF BD 1001

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

Big azz box in tha backseat

working out other details

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

You guys are sleeping on those AudioPipe subs, for real. I'm not just saying this.

You have to look at the price point the woofers are selling at. Everybody wants SMDs, but the price is prohibitive. For $100-ish shipped, you couldn't buy the voice coils on one of Steve's subs. I'm a big fan of Image Dynamics and some of the other subs' producers, but look what you're getting for the money. Those might be fine for a girl or something, but guys are on SMD because they want to see flex.

Those TXXAP12s have die-cast aluminum baskets (same as the I-Pipes), whereas all those other subs have wimpy steel. The frame of the speaker is where it's stiffness comes from. The reason those other subs can't handle that much power is because their frames can't support the mechanical potential or sheer weight of a decent motor.

Then, look to the motor itself. The AudioPipe has a double-stacked 120 ounce magnet and and an extended pole peice. Inside is are 2.5 inch 4-layer black aluminum voice coils. The sub has a big, tough surround and the spider is fairly stout. The sub handles 700 RMS easily, but it's how it SOUNDS while it is doing it is what impressed me. They are very loud for the power you put into them and they drop low with no problems.

I would tune two of these extra-low on about 1500 watts RMS and call it a day.

You guys are sleeping on those AudioPipe subs, for real. I'm not just saying this.

You have to look at the price point the woofers are selling at. Everybody wants SMDs, but the price is prohibitive. For $100-ish shipped, you couldn't buy the voice coils on one of Steve's subs. I'm a big fan of Image Dynamics and some of the other subs' producers, but look what you're getting for the money. Those might be fine for a girl or something, but guys are on SMD because they want to see flex.

Those TXXAP12s have die-cast aluminum baskets (same as the I-Pipes), whereas all those other subs have wimpy steel. The frame of the speaker is where it's stiffness comes from. The reason those other subs can't handle that much power is because their frames can't support the mechanical potential or sheer weight of a decent motor.

Then, look to the motor itself. The AudioPipe has a double-stacked 120 ounce magnet and and an extended pole peice. Inside is are 2.5 inch 4-layer black aluminum voice coils. The sub has a big, tough surround and the spider is fairly stout. The sub handles 700 RMS easily, but it's how it SOUNDS while it is doing it is what impressed me. They are very loud for the power you put into them and they drop low with no problems.

I would tune two of these extra-low on about 1500 watts RMS and call it a day.

One thing, though. He said his buddy was putting together a budget system, but didn't really say much else. I wouldn't necessarily consider and system w/ 1500 watts a budget system, considering the amp needed and the electrical upgrades that would probably be needed. Not to say you're not right about them being great bang for the buck. It just may be too much bang for what he is looking for.

That being said, he never really stated what kind of power he was looking to run or if he already had an amp, etc. So you could be right on the money.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

The prs are great subs the website from memphis is bad for info on them. but im bein honest when i say a pr will sound better then a cvr and pound as hard or harder and they are only 140 ish i think... but i have 2 10's for 100 together i bought em about 2 weeks ago and barely used them they were in a truck that i ahd to get rid of so now no car to put em in and lookin to sell if you want. and they love 300 a piece for 10's and maybe a lil more for 12's but r uber loud fer the price dont need a huge amp to hit good numbers

Edited by rc.btl

2004 Grand Prix

HU: Alpine 9886 :( for sale

Sub Amp:AQ2200d (possbly 2)

Enclosure:BCP Designs. Best for the Money

Electrical:1 Stinger SPV70 battery

Subs:2 15 D2 AQ HDC coppers

Wiring:0gauge power SoundQuest

Wiring:0gauge ground Kicker

141.8 @ 28hz tl legal on the dash.

142.6 @ 33hz tl legal on the dash.