Sundown Audio

Inside Pics Of Rockford Fosgate T40001bd?

protegeboom

I spent $2700 on a amp and blew it up in 10 minutes? Your point is?

Get your amp fixed, and put it back in.

I thought Id be ok with my electrical setup, but 1 gauge, big 3, red top under the hood, 1 yellow top in the trunk, and the stock 150 amp alt would work out alright, but I was wrong.

You probolly dont have enough amps to keep the amp happy. Your looking to need at least 400 amps. So that boils down too at least a 250 amp alt, 2 "good batteries" (not know walmart our duracrap brands) in the trunk, at least 1 run of 0gauge wire, and the big three under the hood.

I mean look at steves electrical system for 4 t40001bds.

Multiple runs of 1/0ga power/ground

(6) Odyssey PC 2150 batteries

(1) Optima Yellow Top

(2) Dominick Iraggi 315+ amp chrome alternators

Your going to need almost 1/4 that done to your vehicle.

I can tell you this tho, I have this badass amp chilling in my dresser drawer and its not going back in my car til i have 3 runs of 0gauge (pos and neg) from front to back, a 300+amp iraggi alt, and 1 kinetik hc2400 battery in the trunk. And thats pushing about a grand worth of extra crap to power a amp.

Heh to get full power out of mine I still need to get a 300 amp alt. Priced it at about 600$ with custom bracket to fit my car. It still worked fine and voltage never droped below 12 at full tilt. I could get to about 3000wrms on music before voltage would start taking a bad hit on stock alt. Hopefully the new alt will fix that. I feel your pain man lol.

Head Unit: Alpine IVA-w505 with 120gig Ipod.

Mids and Highs: Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1s all around.

Mids and Highs Amp: Hifonics ZXi1008

Sub: HDC315 alum.

Sub Amp: SAZ3000D

1/0 All around. Powermaster Batts.

2004 Trailblazer LS

The first person that replied to my post used a curse word. No doubt a hard core rockford fan or a Rockford employee. I wonder how many rockford amps he or she has ever owned. I have owned many amps; kicker, sound stream, hifonics, orion, zapco even the crappy brands such crunch. If any of you spent $1100 on an amp and it blew up in 3 days, wouldn't you be pissed?

I know I was.

I have owned 6 power amps from rockford and 1 punch, from the oldschool black and silver to the new t series. Every amp that i have purchased refurbed gave some sort of problem(notice I did not say Rockford.) It is my opinion that Rockford is known for power. Ridiculous amounts at that. That is it why I buy Rockford, becuz of power. But one must believe that Rockford is not the greatest amp builders in the world, and I am shocked to see that this forum is sooo biased towards rockford products.

What about MMATS?

I guess they do not stand a chance against Rockford, correct?

yes i do happen to be a rf fan (im not an employee) and i happen to own alot of rockford amps at the moment but the reason i said what i did was the nature of your post (happened to be the second one youve done on this forum) you were mad bc of the time it took for the repair which is fine i wouldnt be happy either but then you stated that by being repaired it might be worse then before (but a refurm is a repaired amp anyway) and then you stated you could get a new amp thats better and lasts longer from a different company.

That pissed me off because i have personally been to RF corp and met the guys and gals in the repair shop... and they do a damn good job at repairing those amps. Plus im pretty sure you have no idea what is even involved in amp repair so who are you to call out these people and say they are going to do a bad job and they will only replace the mosfets.

And about the different amp thats better comment I know thats BS and so do you... if you could have got a new amp that sounds better and lasts longer why didnt you? Because of the fosgate amp power right?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I spent $2700 on a amp and blew it up in 10 minutes? Your point is?

Get your amp fixed, and put it back in.

I thought Id be ok with my electrical setup, but 1 gauge, big 3, red top under the hood, 1 yellow top in the trunk, and the stock 150 amp alt would work out alright, but I was wrong.

You probolly dont have enough amps to keep the amp happy. Your looking to need at least 400 amps. So that boils down too at least a 250 amp alt, 2 "good batteries" (not know walmart our duracrap brands) in the trunk, at least 1 run of 0gauge wire, and the big three under the hood.

I mean look at steves electrical system for 4 t40001bds.

Multiple runs of 1/0ga power/ground

(6) Odyssey PC 2150 batteries

(1) Optima Yellow Top

(2) Dominick Iraggi 315+ amp chrome alternators

Your going to need almost 1/4 that done to your vehicle.

I can tell you this tho, I have this badass amp chilling in my dresser drawer and its not going back in my car til i have 3 runs of 0gauge (pos and neg) from front to back, a 300+amp iraggi alt, and 1 kinetik hc2400 battery in the trunk. And thats pushing about a grand worth of extra crap to power a amp.

Which amp did you blow that much cash on?

And you must have been pissed.

Steave Meade is Steave Meade. He is a custom installer and loves blasting, but he needs to showcase his stuff so that work comes his way. I just love my music. you know their are tons of people out their that are crazier than Meade and do not use Rockford.

yes i do happen to be a rf fan (im not an employee) and i happen to own alot of rockford amps at the moment but the reason i said what i did was the nature of your post (happened to be the second one youve done on this forum) you were mad bc of the time it took for the repair which is fine i wouldnt be happy either but then you stated that by being repaired it might be worse then before (but a refurm is a repaired amp anyway) and then you stated you could get a new amp thats better and lasts longer from a different company.

That pissed me off because i have personally been to RF corp and met the guys and gals in the repair shop... and they do a damn good job at repairing those amps. Plus im pretty sure you have no idea what is even involved in amp repair so who are you to call out these people and say they are going to do a bad job and they will only replace the mosfets.

And about the different amp thats better comment I know thats BS and so do you... if you could have got a new amp that sounds better and lasts longer why didnt you? Because of the fosgate amp power right?

I would to stick with MMATS but you cannot bridge them together. JL is awesome, but not enough power(1000/1 series). Autotek was awesome(MM4000, MX5000), just thought i would try some thing different with the Rock T4, AB Kick Ass period, but CIA engineering is there repair depo, and they SUCK, trust me. orions are awesome on the oldschool stuff and so are other amp companies. I really like the older Rock amps better. It proves that newer is not always better. I still have a power 750x that I use for my mids from time to time. I have not tried memphis yet, but I may next year.

Rock should hire you there sales rep, you would would problably give people an offer they could not refuse.

P.S.

So what your saying is Rock replaces boards instead of repairing them?

Just curious, what other amps have you owned?

i have owned many amps from new to old and i have never had the amp fail on me because of it, i have smoked one due to my own stupidity but it was no fault of rf. And for rf amp i have had about every dsm series amp from 93-96 minus the power series from that year, the a2 and a4 series which was ok but not a dsm like i am really a fan off, i had a couple of the power amps from 01 and they were also nice 1000.1bd's, then i went and tried the new punch the p3001 and the power t10001bd, all never had a problem that was rf's fault.

and emp has owned a couple of the power amps from the 01-03 era and a t30001bd i believe

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

Which amp did you blow that much cash on?

And you must have been pissed.

Steave Meade is Steave Meade. He is a custom installer and loves blasting, but he needs to showcase his stuff so that work comes his way. I just love my music. you know their are tons of people out their that are crazier than Meade and do not use Rockford.

Steve isnt a professional installer every thing he does thats related to car audio is for his love of bass not for a pay check.

The first person that replied to my post used a curse word. No doubt a hard core rockford fan or a Rockford employee. I wonder how many rockford amps he or she has ever owned. I have owned many amps; kicker, sound stream, hifonics, orion, zapco even the crappy brands such crunch. If any of you spent $1100 on an amp and it blew up in 3 days, wouldn't you be pissed?

I know I was.

I have owned 6 power amps from rockford and 1 punch, from the oldschool black and silver to the new t series. Every amp that i have purchased refurbed gave some sort of problem(notice I did not say Rockford.) It is my opinion that Rockford is known for power. Ridiculous amounts at that. That is it why I buy Rockford, becuz of power. But one must believe that Rockford is not the greatest amp builders in the world, and I am shocked to see that this forum is sooo biased towards rockford products.

What about MMATS?

I guess they do not stand a chance against Rockford, correct?

Thats why it comes with a 90 day warrenty to cover you, since it blew after 2 days you shoulda been strait.

Negitive i was the first to respond to you and i niether cursed you nor do i work for RF. A lot of the negitive remarks you have recieved is really on how you came across. You came across as a prick so people are going to treat you as such. Nothing against you but how you come across to someone deals with how someone will respond to you.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

I would to stick with MMATS but you cannot bridge them together. JL is awesome, but not enough power(1000/1 series). Autotek was awesome(MM4000, MX5000), just thought i would try some thing different with the Rock T4, AB Kick Ass period, but CIA engineering is there repair depo, and they SUCK, trust me. orions are awesome on the oldschool stuff and so are other amp companies. I really like the older Rock amps better. It proves that newer is not always better. I still have a power 750x that I use for my mids from time to time. I have not tried memphis yet, but I may next year.

Rock should hire you there sales rep, you would would problably give people an offer they could not refuse.

P.S.

So what your saying is Rock replaces boards instead of repairing them?

I agree there are several other good amp options other then RF but i never stated there wasnt... just wondering did you get a birthsheet with that 750x? i have the 801x from 03 and ive noticed the 03 amps seem to have lower birthsheets then similar 01 and 02 models (honestly they are pretty much all the same other then the birthsheet power ive seen)

about the reapir im saying they do what is nessicary to fix the amp. if all that is "blown" is the power supply mosfets then it doesnt make sense to replace the board does it? along the same lines you arent going to expect to get a completely new sub if all you need is a recone right. Its all going to depend on what exactly happened inside of your amp but if they need to replace the board im pretty sure they will (all the rf boards are made in the building over from the repair shop so its possible it could be replaced)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

The T40001BD amp is one of the most power hungry amps out there. If you do not have the voltage to back a amp then dont buy the amp. That would be like buying a race car and not have race gas. You know it is going to blow.

I have had so many RF amps in my days and still use them. As a matter of fact I am using a Power 1000 right now and still have a T15004 sitting in the garage. Big power hungry amp as well. Yes I have had many other amps as well. As at one time I was sponsored by Crossfire. Great amps in there day also. As for putting down a amp cause you bought it Refurbished and knowing that the amp has been repaired at one point is a mute point. Usually when a amp is repaired it is not always like brand new. There might still be a issue that was over looked or the amp could come out and zero issues with it at all. I have had 3 of the T30001BD amps and have to have 2 of them repaired. One took a couple times to get it straight. The other one I had zero issues with at all. Them blowing up in the first place was my mistakes. I tryed doing some things with them that where not recommended and I paided the cost.

Oh and hello guys since this is my first post. I do know some of you and will get to know the rest of you.

Archived