Sundown Audio

Inside Pics Of Rockford Fosgate T40001bd?

protegeboom

QC, yes. I use to work with QC for a Pharm plant and there was no way we could keep up with production and test every last thing we did and we had machines doing the work for us. So I know if they are hand made they cant keep up with it. But to each its own, has anybody seen or done any bench tests on the T4K other than the one from RF?

Well I highly doubt RF makes 100,000 of these, because I doubt these things sell like hotcakes....

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Well I highly doubt RF makes 100,000 of these, because I doubt these things sell like hotcakes....

X2!!!! was just going to say that, dont they build to order this amp and maybe keep a few in stock?

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

X2!!!! was just going to say that, dont they build to order this amp and maybe keep a few in stock?

just an example bro.....but I dont believe they are built to order. If thats the case then u would have to wait damn near a month or two for just 1. Its a hell of a amp, no doubt. I was just saying I find it hard to believe that they bench test every amp that goes out the door. Yes, they may power every amp to make sure it powers up and everything and is in working condition but thats different from a bench.
00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

just an example bro.....but I dont believe they are built to order. If thats the case then u would have to wait damn near a month or two for just 1. Its a hell of a amp, no doubt. I was just saying I find it hard to believe that they bench test every amp that goes out the door. Yes, they may power every amp to make sure it powers up and everything and is in working condition but thats different from a bench.

yoyo

i've been to the RF build facility and at that time, they were buildint the punch series amps ( the black colour ones)

i saw them test eacn and every amp.

basically, they just hook it up to this machine ( its fast, 2 seconds to hook it up), its like a clamp like thing.

then the machine will subject it to watever test it wants. then the birth sheet is printed.

i've got pics, but dont know whether its allowed to be posted here.

cheers

Shok Industries

Feel the POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Competition SQ Car install by Dimension Audio Singapore

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=65190

Never said anything bad about RF, just I dont believe in birthsheets because from my understanding it takes quite a bit of time to test 1 amp. If u produce 100,000 amps there is no way u can bench test "every single one" and keep up with production especially considering they are hand made. Thats not just RF, thats any company. I believe they test so many out of every batch.

Just to let you know there is quite a bit of machinery in in the manufacturing plant... plus benching an amp for the birthsheet shouldnt take all that long

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

the t15k uses a different type of capacitor, found in hybrid cars, among other things. That's why its such a damn efficient amp...and so expensive.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

im not sure about the found in hybrid cars thing but from what i was told at the fosgate plant the caps they use are very very specalized and quite pricy to build

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Archived