EricM9104 Posted February 8, 2010 Report Posted February 8, 2010 Soo... Looking at getting two AQ HDC3 18"s in the next few months for my 96 Exploder... Would 12.74^3' (after sub/port displacement) with 4 6" aeros tuned to ~40Hz be too big? Too small? Shoudl I tune it lower, I love dem C&S beats. Thanks. 2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock 1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit
mlstrass Posted February 8, 2010 Report Posted February 8, 2010 If you can fit 12^3 net that would be plenty. I'd tune to 35Hz since you like C&S stuff. 4 6" aero's would be fine...
Marlo Stanfield Posted February 9, 2010 Report Posted February 9, 2010 12ft3 should be plenty of airspace and I'd tune like 34-36hz for the C&S type music, but no lower with those woofers.. Also would suggest running like 2 8" or 10" aeros instead of 4 6" ones. 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN. Pioneer AVIC-N2 (12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s 26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area 156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace
EricM9104 Posted February 9, 2010 Author Report Posted February 9, 2010 Thanks folks, where could I find 8" or 10" aeros? 2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock 1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.