Second Skin Audio

2 RE 10's or 3 RE 8's???

If I do the math correctly there is a ever so slight advantage in cone area with 2 10's over 2 8's. I have a number of amps laying around to use so I know I can come with the correct power and load requirements regardless of the combination I choose. I assume I want the 2 10's over the 3 8's?

FWIW - I like my bass lower then I do louder.

Please Advise

Warm Regards,

Dyno Brian

1997 Ford Probe

|Sony Head Unit|Alpine V12 AccuClass-D MRD M1000 Amplifier|4 RE AUDIO SRX12D4 12's|Mids and Highs coming soon!|

|1998 Mustang GT Twin Turbo|1986 Mustang GT Single Turbo|1996 Mustang Mystic Cobra N20|1995 Mustang Cobra 5,000 miles|

2002 ZO6

Mustang%20on%20Dyno.jpg

i'd do the 3 8's

Expand on this please. :clapping:

Warm Regards,

Dyno Brian

1997 Ford Probe

|Sony Head Unit|Alpine V12 AccuClass-D MRD M1000 Amplifier|4 RE AUDIO SRX12D4 12's|Mids and Highs coming soon!|

|1998 Mustang GT Twin Turbo|1986 Mustang GT Single Turbo|1996 Mustang Mystic Cobra N20|1995 Mustang Cobra 5,000 miles|

2002 ZO6

Mustang%20on%20Dyno.jpg

Expand on this please. :clapping:

do three 8s in a bandpass i think it would slam what car u puttin it in

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

do three 8s in a bandpass i think it would slam what car u puttin it in

With as little cone area as he has and as little space he has to work in, it would be a challenge to make a bandpass box, and even then a ported box would be louder.

3 8's.... I'm gonna say that 2 10s is something everyone does in a regular cab truck. 3 8's is less common, and the depth of the box won't have to be 9'' wide with an 8'' sub. 3 8s in a ported box tuned @33 will get lower than 10s or 12s in a sealed box.

Even one nice 10'' sub in a ported box off 750 RMS will get down in a standard cab truck, and not take up too much space.

Edited by JDirty96

With as little cone area as he has and as little space he has to work in, it would be a challenge to make a bandpass box, and even then a ported box would be louder.

3 8's.... I'm gonna say that 2 10s is something everyone does in a regular cab truck. 3 8's is less common, and the depth of the box won't have to be 9'' wide with an 8'' sub. 3 8s in a ported box tuned @33 will get lower than 10s or 12s in a sealed box.

Even one nice 10'' sub in a ported box off 750 RMS will get down in a standard cab truck, and not take up too much space.

sorry if i'm going off topic but thats a nice fucking honda you got there! back on topic, 3 speakers disperses heat better than two i believe. 8's go lower too dont they, freq response wise?

I choose 2 10" than the 3 8" because 10" give you deep hard hitting bass. 8" are good for mids/highs.. That just me.

i have seen 1 re 8 do a 143 burp

Edited by czman30

Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule.

Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol