Second Skin Audio

2 RE 10's or 3 RE 8's???

sorry if i'm going off topic but thats a nice fucking honda you got there! back on topic, 3 speakers disperses heat better than two i believe. 8's go lower too dont they, freq response wise?

usually the smaller the sub the higher the FS

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

usually the smaller the sub the higher the FS
ya i just went and looked at them, your right but I have seen 8's with really low fs though, made me think to myself holy shit that little bitch goes low as hell...

lol

I choose 2 10" than the 3 8" because 10" give you deep hard hitting bass. 8" are good for mids/highs.. That just me.

:rolleyes: :01nocomment8so:

No, every size of sub hits the same.

8's can get down, 8 inch subs are not made to be mids.

But you can also have 10 inch midbass driver.

It depends how a driver is built.(And the box plays even a bigger role)

But RE 3 8's will get lower and louder then 2 10's due to higher RMS rating and more cone area.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I got three Pioneer 10's('98 models) into an old '93 regular cab Ranger with a sealed wood box. The internal was 3.5 cu. ft.

The guy wanted something in his truck, but didn't want to sit into the dash with the seat all the way up. I laughed!

The 8" will be more shallow then the 10". Putting subs into a single cab MINI requires room being used. You could do 1 8" sub or 4 8" subs and the seat position will be the same. Like wise with any sub.(unless it is a 60/40 seat and behind the passenge seat gets the sub)

4 8", 3 10", or 3 12"(a shallow one) will fit with some leg room.

93' Ford Aerostar

Alpine head unit

4-5.25 MB Quarts

20-10" pyramids super Pro

1 Lanzar amp