Sonic Electronix

i got a 02 silverado ext cab and my old system isn't doing it no more so i want some advice on some subs and a amp for the underneath seat i want something that u can really hear any advice is really appreciated. o has anybody used this amp before Lanzar vibe416 my cousin is sellin it to me for 50 bucks brand new i want it for my components any reviews or complaints.

ps I can not remove back seat I need it Thanks for the help

I had a custom box under my back seat with a 10" in it. With the right sub and a big enough amp it would hit pretty hard. Other than that you can buy a pre made box for Silverados that will let you install 2 10's or 2 12's under the seat. But with those boxes you usualy have to mount the amp or amps on the back wall behind the seat.

Heres a pict of the one I had in my truck. Fiberglass bottom, 4" home made aero port with MDF sides and top. Thats a 10" Type-R with a 600 watt Alpine amp.

It fits easily under the seat without raising it.

img3629.jpg

I crammed 2 15's under my rear bench...it could be louder it is what it is with the amount of airspace I have to work with...I don't have any pics right now as I am posting from my BlackBerry..if you search I have posted before, next time I get near a comp I will add some.

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

I had a custom box under my back seat with a 10" in it. With the right sub and a big enough amp it would hit pretty hard. Other than that you can buy a pre made box for Silverados that will let you install 2 10's or 2 12's under the seat. But with those boxes you usualy have to mount the amp or amps on the back wall behind the seat.

Heres a pict of the one I had in my truck. Fiberglass bottom, 4" home made aero port with MDF sides and top. Thats a 10" Type-R with a 600 watt Alpine amp.

It fits easily under the seat without raising it.

img3629.jpg

that box is clean u think i can put 2 12 with a port underneath my seat

I think I had it tuned to 34hz, been a while so im not to sure. That box is 1.25 or so cubes net. Its color matched to my truck. 2 part paint with a clear coat.

You might be able to do 2 12's under there but try and find subs that work well in smaller enclosures.

4 10's will fit if you face them forward. Really tight fit........

More pics: http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc232/S...re%2010%20box1/

0810091958.jpg

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Heres some pics of my 15's under the rear seat

DSC00643.jpg

DSC00644.jpg

Edited by z71kris

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill