Sonic Electronix

i had a guy call me the other day and says he has about a $2000 budget and wants me to build him a system. he wants it to sound good and get louder than his friend's three jl 12"s (doesnt know model). its going in a 2009 honda accord, or civic (i forget). i thought some people might have some fun picking out a system for 2k and im interested in other ideas so i make sure i get this guy the best bang for his buck. if you think this is stupid, just dont do it. i think its fun to pick out some equipment that i used to own and loved and add in some stuff that is supposed to be great and ive never heard.

here is what i picked out, prices are all from woofersetc.com:

HU: alpine 9887 $330

mids/highs: boston pro60se $330

mids/highs amp: alpine pdx 2.150 $270

sub: RE SX 15" $360

sub amp: hifonics bxi 1610D or a used sundown 1200 $220

extra battery: kinetik 1800 $270

knu 1/0 wire and other install items

if you just replace one thing on this list please make it the same price or less. im already going over 2k so ill be looking around ebay to get the price back down.

thinking about charging 300 to install it all and make a box. depending on what kind of box he wants. im hoping to be able to seal off the trunk if he will let me. otherwise itll be sub back port back. and i can build it slowly as i have time between work.

u can get the h/u from sonicelectronix.com for 300

1)Alpine CDA-117

1)hifonics brutus bxi 2610

1)hifonics zeus zxi6410

3)Alpine sps-600c

2)Fi BL d1 15s fully loaded

i know it wont be the easiest to make a box for this trunk but im sure i can get it done. look at my build log and tell me if you think i can pull it off ;) he was supposed to come by tonight so i could look at the car but said had a blow out on the way here.

if the HU really is that big of a pain maybe we will look at LOC's. hell itll save a good deal of money.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i know it wont be the easiest to make a box for this trunk but im sure i can get it done. look at my build log and tell me if you think i can pull it off ;) he was supposed to come by tonight so i could look at the car but said had a blow out on the way here.

if the HU really is that big of a pain maybe we will look at LOC's. hell itll save a good deal of money.

Oh i know you can pull off the box, but the HU is probably going to annoy you the most. I used a line output converter as well but only because i wanted to keep the stock oem display at the top, the real pain is actually taking the necessary parts off to get to the head unit, unscrewing it and getting the LOC soldered/clipped onto the front or rear speaker wires in the harness. If the 09 harness looks anything like the 08 one, the accessory wire or i like to call it "the bitch purple wire" is short as hell, and you dont want to overcut it like i did, otherwise you'll be really beating yourself over the head. I had to take the wire clip out of the harness (took 30 minutes of concentration to get it out) pull the little thing out, and replace it with a black similar sized wire and clip it back into the harness. I want to throw up everytime i even think about that day. After you realize what you have to go through to take it apart and getting everything to work, you're gonna hate thinking about putting it back together.

lol, greeeaaatttt. am i going to have any trouble with the doors? is it all clips or is it just bolts and then slides up?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

A powerful 12" or 15" sub ('Fi bl, *** junk,...) with an sae 1200 from Sundown, or used from db-r can do what you want.

For the hu, you don't have to buy the best from Alpine, you can get a smaller one.

No rear speakers, of course !

BTW there is a big sale at Sundown : sax 50.4 (bridged to the front speakers) with a Z15 v1 sub and a sae 1200 v2 ; check the price. That is a very good deal. Maybe you can have free shipping !

Don't forget some deadening product for the doors and the trunk if you can.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

lol, greeeaaatttt. am i going to have any trouble with the doors? is it all clips or is it just bolts and then slides up?

i havent invested in any mids/highs for it yet, so i have no idea how the doors come apart. If you figure that out though, let me know how for future reference so i dont have tinker around with it. The clips and bolts are probably the worst things about that car because its clipped down so tight, and you go to pull it off and the clips go flying and you lose stuff easily, at least for the HU removal, not sure about the doors.

and if the accord has the nav on it, you could look into this. dont know how well it works though

Its only if he wants to keep the stock look and control all his music from the dash, but probably for how much its worth you're probably better off investing in a aftermarket HU anyways

my buddy just did the new soundstream splx15 on a soundstream dtr 1400 it pounds hard! it made my throat tickle and a little hard to breath suprised the hell out of me

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

haha, he was wrong about what the other guy had. he has five rockford t1 12"s. they are all sealed though. sadly he has no idea what kind of power they are getting. he did say that he just wanted it to sound clean so i think ill go with my 1st setup. ill use the money i save from no HU and buying on ebay to pay for some dampener.

Archived