Sonic Electronix

i had a guy call me the other day and says he has about a $2000 budget and wants me to build him a system. he wants it to sound good and get louder than his friend's three jl 12"s (doesnt know model). its going in a 2009 honda accord, or civic (i forget). i thought some people might have some fun picking out a system for 2k and im interested in other ideas so i make sure i get this guy the best bang for his buck. if you think this is stupid, just dont do it. i think its fun to pick out some equipment that i used to own and loved and add in some stuff that is supposed to be great and ive never heard.

here is what i picked out, prices are all from woofersetc.com:

HU: alpine 9887 $330

mids/highs: boston pro60se $330

mids/highs amp: alpine pdx 2.150 $270

sub: RE SX 15" $360

sub amp: hifonics bxi 1610D or a used sundown 1200 $220

extra battery: kinetik 1800 $270

knu 1/0 wire and other install items

if you just replace one thing on this list please make it the same price or less. im already going over 2k so ill be looking around ebay to get the price back down.

thinking about charging 300 to install it all and make a box. depending on what kind of box he wants. im hoping to be able to seal off the trunk if he will let me. otherwise itll be sub back port back. and i can build it slowly as i have time between work.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I would step down from the 9887 and the boston pros if all he wants is loud. thats a quarter of the budget there. Maybe post the prices you are finding stuff at as well.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i think the 3 12"s will be louder then 1 re 15".

depends on the 12"s maybe they are w1's. i have no idea. if i can fit an 18" ill do that. but its a trunk car so its not like i can put a ton of cone in there. and with the budget it makes it hard to buy multiple woofers. itll mean more power and more electrical needed.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

also look at the sundowns teh SA- series and they are blowing out the z15s. Jacob really has his shit together and is quite the sleeper company I feel. Whats this going in?

nvm 09 accord. seats fold down all the way?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I would step down from the 9887 and the boston pros if all he wants is loud. thats a quarter of the budget there. Maybe post the prices you are finding stuff at as well.

posted.

also look at the sundowns teh SA- series and they are blowing out the z15s. Jacob really has his shit together and is quite the sleeper company I feel. Whats this going in?

nvm 09 accord. seats fold down all the way?

i know sundown is great but ive never heard one or had one to play with. i wanted to use something i had experiance with so i know he will like the sound.

i'd rather 2 12" lvl 3 then 1 15", 3 12"s is alot of cone area.

i have less cone area than several people that i am louder than. i dont see cone area as a problem. though it would make it easier. again price of more woofers becomes a problem.

If u arent a professional Dealer on ur own, maraud the want to sell topic, saw in the last times , lvl 4 15th in raw masses, lvl 5, 3500 Sundowns and lot of other hot stuff, grab the section.

Build ur guy a hot System for a nice (used)price.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

If u arent a professional Dealer on ur own, maraud the want to sell topic, saw in the last times , lvl 4 15th in raw masses, lvl 5, 3500 Sundowns and lot of other hot stuff, grab the section.

Build ur guy a hot System for a nice (used)price.

i dont believe he wants anything used. im not going up to a saz3500 or anything close to that power. itll mean a new alt and a couple batteries. itll be my whole budget. stick to the price i had to work with.

Archived