Sonic Electronix

I have done one in a civic. The best I could get was 2.95 cubes tuned to 34 for a avalanche. Not sure if my trunk is larger or smaller than the said accord but I hope that helps.

DCSOUNDsig.jpg

2006 SPLMAX Bass Race Competitor of the Year

2006 Bass Race 156 points

Team DC Sounds

Team Maxxsonics

Team HR

Team Second Skin

Team Hooker Audio

http://dcsoundlab.com/

2006 Bass Race 156 points

2008 Starting from scratch

Guest MegaloManiac

probally not much help but i was able to fit a 4 cube box for a 15 in my 6th gen accord with no probs....the horn for the 12" mag was a total of 7.6 cubes...much much bigger than the box for the 15" sx. Id say that was the maximum size i could without building in the trunk.

Also for you does the back seat fold down? you may be able to slide the box from the back...

if folds down, im looking at either a an 06 XXX 15( that i already have) or an MX 15 in about 4 cubes

my L7 box was 6.5cubes 32hz and i had to make it in the trunk and it was a bitch to get the subs into after it was made is why i was hoping someone knew

i think that is totally possible. i have a 92accord and my box is about 5.5cubes before any displacement and it WASNT built in the trunk. it was however a bitch to get in...it took my friend a few minutes, but after several hard ass kicks to the box, it finally went in. you could probably get around 6 cubes if you glassed the spare tire well...but i would say that 5.5cubes is the biggest you can go...if i would have made it 1/16"bigger all of the way around, it wouldnt have worked, so i think i got the maximum dimensions for a box u can fit in the trunk... let me know if you want the dimensions of my box and i can go get them for you.

i forgot to mention...i also gutted my entire trunk (all the carpet and panels) and took the 2 metal cross braces out that are right behind the seat when you fold it down...

Edited by amatt85

i likes me some audio stuff...

outer dimensions: 31.5"width x 16"height x 24" depth (the depth might be a shade off, it is hard to tell with the way my port plug is)...there was also a layer of carpet on it as well...just be prepared to fight it...stomp the shit out of it until it falls in...took me like 20minutes to get it situated once it was in my trunk!

im sure if you took some of the width and depth you might be able to go a little taller. its wierd, cause if u wanna butt the box right up to the back seat, there is like a little lip right there on the top inside of the trunk where the height is pretty small...if u move the box back some though, you can gain a little height.

Edited by amatt85

good luck man! its always nice when somebody pulls up next to you and asked what they hell you got in there? trunkers are sneaky like that and i love it...especially out of a lil 92accord!