Well i am tryin to help my son do a science fair project but i am terrible when it comes to putting things down on paper. The basis of the project is: What materials conduct and resist electricity. We have the whole project pretty much designed and laid out. Where we are having an issue is in writing the Hypothesis. I was never any good at this. If you dont know, a hypothesis is basically a " If i do____, Then______ will happen" Cause and effect. Anybody have an idea?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

what are you using in the project like what materials and how are you going to test them. say your using baking soda and vinegar you give a bit of a background of the chemicals to support your hypothesis and then end with i hypothesize if i do this the outcome will be this. i dont know how many paragraphs you need but the next one should be explaing the steps you took. then explaining what happened in the test. then the conclusion of you were right or wrong and why. hope this helps (sorry for bad punctuation)

we are gonna use copper, aluminum, wood, and plastic. Hes only in 5th grade (and no im not smarter) his Hypothesis only has to be one sentence/statement

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

then all you really have to do is be like in my experiment i will be using copper, aluminum, wood, and plastic to test What materials conduct and resist electricity. i hypothesize that _______ will conduct the most while _______ will conduct the least, because _________ something like that

Hypothesises (Hypothesys?) are usually just a one-sentence statement, but are usually followed by a little explaination.

EXAMPLE: If I stick a fork into a wall socket, I will get electrocuted (don't try this at home)

The point of an experiment is NOT to prove your hypothesis, but to test it. The hypothesis is just the basis for your experiment. So, if I stuck a fork in a wall socket and didn't get electrocuted, it wasn't a failed experiment, because I now know something else about the relation between sticking a fork in a wall socket and getting electrocuted.

I know that's kinda a pretty simple definition. If you want a really complete definition, check out Wikipedia.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

we are gonna use copper, aluminum, wood, and plastic. Hes only in 5th grade (and no im not smarter) his Hypothesis only has to be one sentence/statement

Sweet. Didn't see this before I posted. :fool:

A good hypothesis would have some sort of variable you would change, like the voltage or their shape or something. Without a changing variable, it's not really a true experiment. I'm not sure if it's THAT important for a 5th grader to have independent and dependent variables in their science fair project though. Just testing which ones conduct may be good enough.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

When electricity is applied to different materials, metal will be more conductive than a non-metal.

If I test conductivity of metal, it will be higher than a non-metal.

Something simple like those should suffice.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Hypothesises (Hypothesys?) are usually just a one-sentence statement, but are usually followed by a little explaination.

EXAMPLE: If I stick a fork into a wall socket, I will get electrocuted (don't try this at home)

The point of an experiment is NOT to prove your hypothesis, but to test it. The hypothesis is just the basis for your experiment. So, if I stuck a fork in a wall socket and didn't get electrocuted, it wasn't a failed experiment, because I now know something else about the relation between sticking a fork in a wall socket and getting electrocuted.

I know that's kinda a pretty simple definition. If you want a really complete definition, check out Wikipedia.

Way to take all the fun away...

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

thanks guys, if anyone else has a suggested hypothesis throw it out there.

basically we are going to create a circuit that will turn on a light and use different materials to complete the circuit. This way he can learn what conducts and what doesn't.

but again i am just having a hard time helping him write the hypothesis.

d(-__-)b