2001 Honda Civic Help

My system now...

Alpine CDE-102 head unit

4 - Boston 6.5 x 9

Alpine MRP-M500

Alpine Type R 12"

Three 12" sealed sub box.

All powered by stock battery and stock alternator.

My system this summer...

Either two MORE MRP-M500

or One of the two channel PDX Amplifiers from Alpine.

To power the other two Type R's

To save money and get the most out of my 3 12" Subwoofers would i be better off buying the 2 Channel or the 2 MRP-M500?

And with that question answered i dont know anything about under the hood

What battery and or alternator do i need. Please be specific because i dont know much about this kind of stuff.

Thanks

Well ill help you out some, b/c of your avitar ;-) ill help you out with the electrical

i would start under the hood "can't make power with out power" do the BigThree (google is your friend) Maybe even upgrade your battery if its the stock one, yellow top is what i have but theres many to choose from. I would run all the wires to your amp in 0g. If your system by then drops your voltage to low or dims the hell outta ur lights well DEN you my need to upgrade your alternator. Irragi is what i would go with and theres many to choose from.

Ill have someone else help you with the amp part, b/c im not 100% on that...hope this helps

i have a buddy who has a PDX 600.1 on each of his type r 12s, and they seem to take it fine.

first off, i would suggest that you upgrade your underhood wiring (the big 3)

the next upgrade should be an alternator. many companies make batteries wont help you at all, if you cant keep them charged up. Iraggi, DC power, Mechman, XS Power, Ohio Generators (etc) all make good alternators that would work for you. just be sure to get one around 150amps or so to cover your power needs. if you plan on upgrading in the future, you might look into a 200-250 amp alternator

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

I don't think you will need to upgrade anything that big on electrical. I would just do the big 3 and upgrade the battery. That system you have don't seen to hurt on that small cvici..

I don't think you will need to upgrade anything that big on electrical. I would just do the big 3 and upgrade the battery. That system you have don't seen to hurt on that small cvici..

well coming from a civic owner, ill break this down for you:

your alternator (stock) in that civic is going to be around 70 amps. your civic, while running, is using 30-40 of those amps.

that leaves you roughly 30-40 amps to send to your system, before it starts taking away voltage.

i ran 400rms in my civic, and i was dropping into the low 12s on my stock electrical.

AN ALTERNATOR is the most important upgrade for any honda owner. write that down..

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Archived