Sonic Electronix

All I hear is BIGGER BOXS and PORTED!!!!! True??

Whenever I talk to someone about boxs it's always make it big with a port!!!!!! At what point is it to big and do I really need a port... Because that makes no sense they make small sealed boxs for 18s....does it have to do with space?? And I want to build a box for a 500rms 15" so box ideas would be fantastic!!!!!! :)

A ported box is generally louder, the port essentially doubles the effective cone area, increasing efficiency.

A ported enclosure has to be larger than a sealed enclosure to work properly

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

when they seal an 18" its because they are limited on space or dont know how to port a box, 500wrms isnt much. Id lean towards 4.9-5.2 cu'ft after all displacements. Meaning the sub has that much air space and thats not counting the port. Also tuned 32-35 HZ

Pioneer 500UB

1 LVL4 15" 4.3cubes tuned to 35HZ

BXi1606D

1/0

Red top in back

JBL 5 1/4's front

Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's rear

145.7 Legal on music New Audio Control

Whenever I talk to someone about boxs it's always make it big with a port!!!!!! At what point is it to big and do I really need a port... Because that makes no sense they make small sealed boxs for 18s....does it have to do with space?? And I want to build a box for a 500rms 15" so box ideas would be fantastic!!!!!! :)

what sub and car?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

This is just my set up for early 2010 but it's an MA 15" 1000 peak 500 rms 4ohm and hopefully a camaro 99-02 but prob just a reg car like a new Malibu or Acura TL...is what I want to build the box to. Thanks :)

not to be an ass, but you need to know what you're gonna have. I know I don't wanna waste my time on your theoretical car.

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

not to be an ass, but you need to know what you're gonna have. I know I don't wanna waste my time on your theoretical car.

I understand ya built to the specifications of like a new impahula or Malibu which is what? 4 ft deep 1 1/2 high and 5ft wide?... Thanks

Archived