Maritoze Posted February 11, 2010 Report Posted February 11, 2010 I have two Memphis M3's and I want to give them about 2cubes each after displacement. I want a slot ported box tuned to about 40 hz...Should I build a common chamber enclosure or separate the chambers? Is there a difference in doing so? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
tlee2 Posted February 11, 2010 Report Posted February 11, 2010 in a seperate chamber its good cause it will have good bracing. in a common chamber you will have more cubic feet. if space is not a issue i would do seperate chambers because the box would be stronger but dont give up cubic feet just to go seperate 6 Sundown X 15s 2 Sundown NS1 V2s C Pillar 4th order Bagged Suburban on 24s http://youtube.com/tlee333
rubbernutz1 Posted February 11, 2010 Report Posted February 11, 2010 you can still have the cubes of feet with the common chamber and do the cross bracing inside it to. look at the inside of steve meades box. 1 big chamber with lots of bracing in it. and a HUGE ass port lol :hairtrick:
Decaf Posted February 11, 2010 Report Posted February 11, 2010 I have two Memphis M3's and I want to give them about 2cubes each after displacement. I want a slot ported box tuned to about 40 hz...Should I build a common chamber enclosure or separate the chambers? Is there a difference in doing so? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. tune a bit lower, those m3s are happy at 36ish IME if u build a common chamber and one sub blows u cannot use the other speaker til both are working whereas if u built separate chambers u can at least play one personally id rather have a common chamber, its usualy is louder/more efficient because u dont have to worry about making two perfectly identical boxes or internal volumes... id much rather brace it with dowel rods and get the most amount of space and port i need depending on where the port is there is a benefit to do port down the middle, this adds alot of strength but again u have to be pretty much perfect with port lengths, 45s ect unless im asked i always make a common chamber box well braced you can still have the cubes of feet with the common chamber and do the cross bracing inside it to. look at the inside of steve meades box. 1 big chamber with lots of bracing in it. and a HUGE ass port lol :hairtrick: o lulz, wrong his port is tiny!!!! thats why he can throw gobs of power to them, he has lots of cone control with a small box and small port
Polecat Posted February 11, 2010 Report Posted February 11, 2010 you can make a common chamber work, me, personally, have always liked seperate chambers. You can always make a common work with any cubic feet, all your doing is sharing one chamber and one common port. (generally) Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!
Maritoze Posted February 11, 2010 Author Report Posted February 11, 2010 Thanks for the input. I think I will be going with a common chamber.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.