Heavyweight Weightlifting Showdown!

good shit man. next time u bench, try moving ur feet back as far as they can go, and widen them a little bit more than usual, while still being flat, and when u push the bar up, push with the balls of ur feet while still keeping ur feet flat( ya iknow, push with ur feet sounds weird but it helps) also, arch ur back and dig ur traps into the bench, that way its only that much less u have to bring the bar down.

Edited by Dave_C

good shit man. next time u bench, try moving ur feet back as far as they can go, and widen them a little bit more than usual, while still being flat, and when u push the bar up, push with the balls of ur feet while still keeping ur feet flat( ya iknow, push with ur feet sounds weird but it helps) also, arch ur back and dig ur traps into the bench, that way its only that much less u have to bring the bar down.

Except then that defeats the purpose of weightlifting in the first place. You won't get your maximum full rep, & everything will take twice as long to develop.

Nice going Mazda, but you have to realize that usually a lot of taller guys like say in the NBA, are going to have issues with muscle development. I don't really see too many REAL beefy guys in the 7 foot range, because they have genes that can make them plateau at a certain point & it's hard to overcome sometimes. Guys like Kevin focus more on total body fitness & stamina than brute strength. I know shaq only works out with 50lbs dumbells & he's been training for decades.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Well, Kevin's wingspan is 7 feet 4 3/4's inches...My wingspan is 6 feet...so I have much more leverage...still, weighing 225 and not being able to put up 185 once is just pathetic. I'm not a competitive weightlifter by any means, I was just playing around with the camera. I thought it was funny.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

X2 you should never arch your back while benching

Edited by getmoney

quotes taken from http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/betteru9.htm

" As you are rotating the bar and locking down your shoulders, lift your torso slightly off the bench and force your shoulder blades together tightly underneath your torso. This will force your shoulders back and puff your chest out, placing the pectorals in a position where they have a more effective line of pull. It also has the added bonus of making your torso thicker, reducing the distance you need to press the weight. Keep your shoulder blades squeezed tightly behind you for the duration of the set."

read around, all the "proffesionals" say there should be an arch in ur back

its cool that you can bench x amount of weight, but bench pressing isnt everything in life, i see some hood niggas who can bench 400 get thier ass kicked by scrawnt lil dudes all the time.

point number 2 what part of basketball requires you to have hella weight lifting ability, all you need is stamina and bulk (muscle to lift more) slows you down in a game based more on speed then strength

As a freshman, training on the football team, I maxed a bench press of 325lbs 1 time, my elbow never felt the same since, always have a little sting when I bench now, so now Iam stuck in the 200lbs range forever I guess, but curls, tricep presses, butterflys, I get up there fast, (100lbs +curls, and tricep press-butterlys) but havent been to the gym in about 2 weeks cuz of my heart acting up again (all them drugs as a teenager, stay away from drugs kids) hah

But on the leg press side, I can leg press well over 1000lbs when I try, that isnt knee to chest, but very close, because as with the elbow, I happen to have a knee issue. But when I get started, I can 1000lbs multiple times, maxed about 1200lbs 6 reps constant every night-5years ago. I guess that is an advantage of being a 300lb plus guy who always lived on the top floor of the apts, running up and down stairs 20-30 times a day

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

As a freshman, training on the football team, I maxed a bench press of 325lbs 1 time, my elbow never felt the same since, always have a little sting when I bench now, so now Iam stuck in the 200lbs range forever I guess, but curls, tricep presses, butterflys, I get up there fast, (100lbs +curls, and tricep press-butterlys) but havent been to the gym in about 2 weeks cuz of my heart acting up again (all them drugs as a teenager, stay away from drugs kids) hah

But on the leg press side, I can leg press well over 1000lbs when I try, that isnt knee to chest, but very close, because as with the elbow, I happen to have a knee issue. But when I get started, I can 1000lbs multiple times, maxed about 1200lbs 6 reps constant every night-5years ago. I guess that is an advantage of being a 300lb plus guy who always lived on the top floor of the apts, running up and down stairs 20-30 times a day

damn 1000lbs :o