Another busy as hell day - Loads of little thing to do now so it feels like im getting lots done -

First job was to remove the radiator -it is on the way out as you can see - the current radiator is a replacement dual core part - so have a 2nd hand shogun triple core jobbie on the way from the bay of E (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320527727068&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123)

DSCF0007.JPG

BROKE!

DSCF0008.JPG

Had to take the stock battery out - I was going to be replacing it with a Shuriken SK-BT8785DT but it isnt going to be here for a few more weeks so using one of the BT100s from the back

Stock Battery Tray

DSCF0023.JPG

When I saw that and saw the 2 metal arms holding it up I knew that modding it to fit the BT100 was going to be a pain in the arse but what do you know

A Perfect fit!

DSCF0003.JPG

Loaded up the batteries in the back

DSCF0012.JPG

prize at modded nats for anyone who can tell me what this is for

DSCF0014.JPG

Also finished off the front roof - 2 layers of 18mm mdf plus these braces tied to an 18mm brace across the top of the windscreen - this will then be covered with carpeted 6mm mdf - the roof is solid - we will see what happens when we start booming!

DSCF0018.JPG

Lou spent ages smoothing out the ports to the box face as well as the joins between the pipe sections - looks pretty damn good

DSCF0019.JPG

I also started on cutting up the front trim panels for around the door - unfortunatly due to budget and time issues - these panels will not be in the final state of readiness for modded nats - the car will be going back to Paul R to have the seats trimmed in leather and the front of the box properly dressed - for now these panels will help fix some black carpet around the facia

DSCF0021.JPG

Its all coming together - going to be doing more work during the week and also more next weekend - if anyone is able to give me a hand next weekend that would be appreciated - I will providing food n drinks for everyone! (bread and water probably looking at my budget)

Check out http://www.projectbigblack.co.uk and subscribe to stay up to date with the progress of Project Big Black

Check out my videos on the Project Big Black youtube channel HERE

updates also available via Twitter @projectbigblack

UK Extreme OS 3+ Champion -157.3dB @ 30hZ- UK 149.9 Bassrace Champion - Talkaudio 2010 Bassrace League Winner, Propper Droppers Walled Champion, EMMA ESPL Master European Champion

I love this build, easily my favorite in a long time and i'll def be voting for this when its eligible for sotm. Still want real pics of the subs!!! Looks great man!

Why thank you kind sir - and as you are being so kind......I just put my tea on hold to take these

here are 3 of the 8

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

Check out http://www.projectbigblack.co.uk and subscribe to stay up to date with the progress of Project Big Black

UK Extreme OS 3+ Champion -157.3dB @ 30hZ- UK 149.9 Bassrace Champion - Talkaudio 2010 Bassrace League Winner, Propper Droppers Walled Champion, EMMA ESPL Master European Champion

Why thank you kind sir - and as you are being so kind......I just put my tea on hold to take these

DSCF0007.JPG

Look at the spiders, they barely fit in that basket there so big. I'm beyond jealous. This is going to be a monster. Thank you for pics, you may continue.

EDIT: I will be in Paris next January, I may have to pop up quick and take a listen to this or have you meet me half way or something. I need to hear this, hopefully you will still have it then.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Well I didint get a chance to put the subs in - I forgot to get some connectors to make wiring them in easier

have wired up the subs with 8awg

DSCF0001-1.JPG

DSCF0002-1.JPG

- i did finish coating the wall in paint though

first it was primed and sealed then sprayed satin black - this is a temporary finish until im able to sort out cash and time to get A1 Audio Designs to finish it in a matching way to the rest of the build

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

Then on with the fleck - its an Iron effect fleck - not very rough but gives the wall a little something different - I had it lying around

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0009.JPG

I think it looks pretty sweet

DSCF0011.JPG

I have also ordered some switches for the remotes

I have a pair of these one as a master switch for ALL sub amps and processors and one for the front end amps

1063_12.JPG

and 8 of these - one for each sub amp (the blue one)

8f04_12.JPG

I will be interested to plot volume for each sub as i turn it on - maybe even one day go through all 256 permutations of sub combinations to see how they all effect the score

Where did you get those switches(both of them)?

1992 Honda Accord

Alpine CDA 9856

Alpine Type R 12

Infinity Kappa's in front

Cadence in back

VVV*soon to come*VVV

Another Alpine Type R 12

AQ2200D

Small build log to come.

Archived