Equinox headlight housing removal?

Im going to install a HID kit on my friends 2005 Equinox, how exactly do I remove the headlight housing so I can get to the bulbs? Im asking because the grille has a long plastic piece that runs on top of the housing.

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

Do you have to take the whole thing out? cant you just put the bulbs in? if anything take the grill off and then lights shouldnt be too hard i dont think.

Thank you for proving me a dumb ass lol, I didnt even think to take off the grill >.<

But no I cant just switch out the bulbs from the back, I looked and there is way too many things in the way.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

make sure to aim the headlights correctly when finished made that mistake when i took my housing out

good luck anyways post pics after as well

98 Dodge Durango

12 000K 50/55W Headlights

12 000K 35W Fog lights

HU Panasonic CQ-VX100 7" Reciever

(1) Fi SSD 18" Fully Loaded

(1) Ported box 33hz

(1) Soundstream TRX1500D

(1) Soundstream TRX2.440

(1) RE 6.5" Component Set

(1) Rear battery

Big 3 in 0/1 gauge

2 runs of 1/0 Gauge wire

250A Alt soon..

Thank you for proving me a dumb ass lol, I didnt even think to take off the grill >.<

But no I cant just switch out the bulbs from the back, I looked and there is way too many things in the way.

in your car manual, look to see how you change the bulb. i know its in my car manual

2005 pontiac g6

alpine 9887

mach 5 mli-65 mids w/ seas neo tweets

mb quart dsc 4125/dsc 280

2 12" mach 5 audio spls

sound digital 8k

c&d batts/red top

2 runs pos/neg in 1/0

dc power 270a sp alt

knu wiring/rcas

Ive done one on a buddy of mine..you have to take off the push clips for the front grill by the radiator, but you do not need to take the whole bumper off. You just need to move it enough so you can pull the housing out. The whole front long trim across the lights just snaps off. There are some hidden screws to the side of the radiator. You have to move the battery cover to get to some screws. I thinks that it...Good luck

I hate it when they make cars where you have to take the whole front of the car apart just to change a light, especially whenever lightbulbs don't last forever :(

I think to change a mustang (and on a prius) you have to like remove the bumper, grill, engine, seats, transmission, and the trunk lid. Okay, maybe not that many things but yeah..

I hate it when they make cars where you have to take the whole front of the car apart just to change a light, especially whenever lightbulbs don't last forever :(

I think to change a mustang (and on a prius) you have to like remove the bumper, grill, engine, seats, transmission, and the trunk lid. Okay, maybe not that many things but yeah..

:rofl:

Ive done one on a buddy of mine..you have to take off the push clips for the front grill by the radiator, but you do not need to take the whole bumper off. You just need to move it enough so you can pull the housing out. The whole front long trim across the lights just snaps off. There are some hidden screws to the side of the radiator. You have to move the battery cover to get to some screws. I thinks that it...Good luck

Thanks man, hopefully its as easy as you make it sound.

:rofl:

Jensen UV10 DVD HU