Why I hate Valentine's Day.

It's kinda sad when you have no IRL friends to rant to so I'll vent to you guys, here goes...

So there's this girl right? We've been together for 5 years exactly now. Like as of today, we started talking feb 14 of my senior year 2006. Well all was hunky dory until I decided to join the Army. This was something I've always wanted to do. Sounds cliche but ever since I was a kid, all I ever really wanted to be was a soldier. So I was all fuck it, I'm doing it. I figured we had planned on getting married at one point and this would be a perfect way to provide for us and do something I've always wanted to do. All was well until I made it to AIT. Somewhere in the silence, she decided she would rather be single. But tell me? Oh no no. Anywho, the day came that my Sgt came and told me I was being discharged because of my ankle. I didn't have a leaving date, but I knew I was coming home. So I told her. She wal all YAY OMG I cant wait. This was a Wed. The NEXT DAY I was offered a PT discharge which would get me home sooner and I could come back in 180 days, right? I took it and called her, not the next day and the tone went from OMG YAY to We have something to talk about. So I was tripping out my last weekend there. I made it back and long story short she told me that she had almost messed around with some random dude she met.

Okay, okay. We've been apart for a year now with conflicting schedules on the other side of the states. It kinda made sense. So we decided we would try to see if we grew together then.

Once again as far as I knew, I was doing great. You know, random flowers, surprise movies and dates. All the cute shit. Until one day I decided randomly to check up on her. Turns out she had been planning to dump me the whole time but "I was being too reasonable." I confronted her about it and she indeed verified it was true and actually told me that not the night before she intentionally cheated again, just to try it and get me to break up with her.

Well I did. But now 5 years of emotional involvement GONE for no good reason. Just because she wants to "See whats out there."

Well after a bit of separation and soul searching I started to talk to her again. You know, to see where it goes. And she was receptive. Everything was going really great until today.

Good ole Valentines day. I made sure to get the most beautiful flowers and cutest stuffed animal I could find. When I gave them to her she was speechless. Now I know why. I called her later, and told her that I never stopped loving her. Which is true, five years just doesn't up and disappear. And here it comes...

After hearing that she apologized for leading me on... Turns out she's going on a date with someone she's never met Tuesday. The whole idea of us talking again was to be completely open and if it wasn't gravy, to let the other privy to that and rework a game plan. But no. That so totally didn't happen.

Three strikes, man. I can't handle her anymore. It's officially done for. I'm sure I can find a nice girl someday that doesn't want to just use me a cannon fodder.

Oh and the best part. She's going on the date because, and I quote,

"Your job and your speakers are just boring. All you talk about are amps this and woofers that."

But it's cool.

The bass makes the pain go away.

Good night SMD. I have a boring job to get to tomorrow to finance more boring car audio.

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

been there done that been with her six year with my two great kids and we spilt we said we would work on things u know no other guys wrong she boned tha first guy she knew and he ended up saying fuck u to her, so we got back together and have been ever since but tha shit still gets ta me bout "supposed ta be working on shit" and wham i got some dick. haha haha, u will find a woman one day that shares your interests mine does luvs cars and car audio just not as loud hell she just let me have two grand for my new system, so keep ya head up bro it will be cool and if ya luv something let it go if it comes back then its meant to be sorry so cushy cushy stuff but yea.

I feel your pain man.. Women suck. One day you'll find the perfect girl. Thinking about what you said about the bass making the pain go away, I know a few guys who carry pictures of their kids in their wallets. I know other guys (an automobile appraiser for instance) who carries pictures of his babies, but they aren't kids, their his cars. Do what you do and don't let a girl change that. Just think if Steve's girl didn't like bass and she changed him, we (speaking for a shit ton of people) wouldn't have a great forum to be on and a bad ass Tahoe to dream about.. (Maybe I'm the only one..) Now, I know I'm new, but I've been lurking around for well over a year. Looking at everyone's different builds and what not. Anyways, I wouldnt go back to her bro, she'll just pull the same ole' and screw you over again. Let it be her loss, that she doesn't have you and find a girl that loves you for what you do

Edited by Wastehog

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

been there before too man just not as long and has nothing to do with army but it sucks having them just up and want something new after so long

keep strong bro

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i was with my girl for 5 years married for one, went to the army divorced in 7 months. This is my first v-day single, so i kinda know how you feel man, but i just got back from a friends a lil bit ago, and had the stereo cranked all the way home, and it never fails to put a BIG smile on my face.(it isn't nutty loud or anything either) You will find someone that cares for you, and not just what you have or you who hang out with. So until then enjoy being single, go meet new people, work on your stereo, trust me man, you keep busy with your interests and things will get better a lot faster. and if not, SMD is here for ya!!

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

Once again as far as I knew, I was doing great. You know, random flowers, surprise movies and dates. All the cute shit. Until one day I decided randomly to check up on her. Turns out she had been planning to dump me the whole time but "I was being too reasonable." I confronted her about it and she indeed verified it was true and actually told me that not the night before she intentionally cheated again, just to try it and get me to break up with her.

love is blind

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?