Second Skin Audio

Port direction question

99s10dowork

I was wondering...since it is said that you should keep the port as far to the rear of a car as possible...would i have success porting a box in a chevy silverado regular cab towards the back of the cab if i can keep it port width away from the back wall?

2002 Chevrolet Silverado regular cab 3/6 drop

-Alpine cda-9884

-Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

-US Amps XT-4000DE V2

-Fi SSD 10d2-for now

The back wall will flex like crazy and sound horrible.

What are you going to do sub and box wise?

Some guys do subs forward and port up. Seems to work well. I did subs and port up, it works pretty nicely.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

this ain't a truck but i did port up/sub up and it sounded louder doing that than any other directions

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

I was wondering...since it is said that you should keep the port as far to the rear of a car as possible...would i have success porting a box in a chevy silverado regular cab towards the back of the cab if i can keep it port width away from the back wall?

as long as you do this, you will be fine. however, in a truck i have usualy seen port and sub up. cant say what is really the best way. there are a few truck builds on here. look for them and ask the owner what they have tried.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

thanks for the input...ive done the port up/sub up with a 12" fi bl and it was loud...this is just something i had been wondering about didnt know if anyone had tried it.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado regular cab 3/6 drop

-Alpine cda-9884

-Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

-US Amps XT-4000DE V2

-Fi SSD 10d2-for now

Archived