ok well lightning struck my house 3 days ago. it hit the chimney and somehow it went into the phone lines. my modem was fried and a couple of our home phones were gone too. i dunno how it happened but it did. apparently it went through the modem into my router and into my 360 which fried the internal network card on the 360. luckily i bought the warranty from game stop for it so when i went over there to exchange it, they said that i wasnt allowed to swap the old hard drive from my 360 to the new hard drive of the new 360 because they said the hard drive and console would not match up if they sent it to microsoft. so i bought the datel xsata transfer thing with xplorer360 and its the biggest pos ever. it didnt not come with the appropriate drivers to install the hard drive onto my comp. its not plug and play like the box said none of my computers will recognize it. it pops up then tells me to install the driver and the cd it came with is not the driver cd just the software so it wont work. i tried everything and it wont let me back up my hard drive so im wondering if i could stick in a flash drive into the usb ports and transfer the game saves onto the memory card and then to my computer. i have a 1gb memory card so i could do a few game saves at a time and transfer them if it works. i dunno. has anyone done something like this or want to give me pointers? cause i really dont want to lose all my games and crap thats on my hd.

hm damn it i cant figure it out. i read exactly what the directions told me and plugged it in and poop, nothing came. ill try it on one more computer then ill ask to exchange it because it may be defective or i just have really shitty computers. it looks like its really cheaply made tho. i felt like i was going to break it quite a few times and the instruction booklet is retarded and they skipped out on the troubleshooting section in the xplorer360 pdf manual that came with the disc. it said go down to the trouble shooting section at the end of this guide and there was no trouble shooting section. it looks like someone made this with crap laying around and just tossed it together hoping to make something but w/e its all i have to work with. mp3 players, external hard drives and flash drives dont come up under xbox 360 storage only under like the players for music and video crap. sucks so now i have to figure out how to make this xsata thing work.

ive tried it on vista ultimate, xp pro and xp home and none of them work. ill try one more time with another laptop that has xp home on it but if it doesnt work with that then im junking this stupid xsata shit.

Archived