What Do You Think It Could Be???

Ive had my computer for a while now ,even before upgrading my ram and adding a video card, my computers fans(i think) would just speed up like crazy while something will load up and then it will just shut off i was thinking its my power supply i think its just gone i know i need to upgrade it now but i dont know why it would do it before i thought if i upgraded my ram it would speed up the loading and it would avoid just shutting off.....well im not a big know it all on computers so i ask if you guys can help me and tell me what you think it is

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

im confused, are you saying the fans keep throttling now? like as in they speed up, slow down, then stop......then come back on again? This is a BIOS setting, under "API" (could be named several things depending which bios the motherboard is flashed with) Can you be more specific with the motherboard your PC uses? Is it a home built PC, or something like a Dell,HP,Compaq, etc.......

If i'm correct with what your describing your fans like, That is just caused from an added heat load, and you said you upgraded your video card, did you upgrade the video card to something much better? a video card (GPU) is the second leading HEAT GENERATOR insode a PC case, so if you upgraded to something MUCH better then what your had previously, makes sense that the fans are throttling. Tune me in better with what is happening. Also, you can possibly disable the fan throttling issue in the BIOS..... set it either to off/on/auto....etc...

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

its an HP ...for example i would be watching a video on youtube and i would hear the fans starting to blow like crazy and then the computer it self would shut off as if i were just to cut the power on it

when it started doing this it had 1gb ram and no video card.... so i added a video card and 4gb ram thinking it would solve the problem

the motherboard is an ASUS A8M2N-LA

Edited by Team Bass-Hz(JIB)

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

it's probably got 100000000 processes running, it loads when you try to watch youtube videos or load too many web pages at the same time, it probably just needs to be cleaned up..

is this what's happening?

i own a computer repair company in socal btw, if all else fails i could take a look at it for you

www.renovostech.com

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

from what I read of your post I think what it is, is what newls1 is saying a fan speed controler your mobo has and it speeds up when it gets hotter. i.e. when your watching a youtube video your processor is going to be getting hotter then it is at idle.

Alpine CDA-9887

15" FI BL

JBL BP1200.1

Rockford Fosgate p142 4" front

Rockford Fosgate p1S652 6.5" rear

Optima D35 yellow top under hood

Big 3

all in a 1997 Toyota Tercel

What kind of video card did you put in it?

Never mind problem started was before the upgrades.

Is the inside of your case dirty/dusty?

Edited by Hotdog

Could be bad capacitors.. Check this site and look at your board. Open up the PC and check the caps around the CPU to see if they are swollen or leaking..

http://www.badcaps.net/pages.php?vid=5

if not try shutting down the PC unplug it form the back and press the power button a couple time to discharge the system. Open it up and disconnect the 9 and 1 reader from the motherboard. Leave it unplugged and put system back together. Some people have been successful with this because the card reader was causing a voltage problem that will shut the system down or even cause it to continually reboot.

Outside of this it would be hard to tell with out really troubleshooting it in person.