Does anyone know what to do about a red ring of death?

that red ring was the reason why i traded in my xbox.

my ex bought a 360 for christmas 4 years ago. got the red ring 3 times within 1 1/2 years (got a Brand new console every time i brought it in).

After the last time i got fed up with it. traded that shit in for a Wii + a control +a couple games.

I'll never own another 360 again

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

yea i hate the rrod

i got it too, called xbox, they told me to do somethings to the xbox to check exactly what it is, if its the red ring of death, hardware failure, like mine it will be free. but it might take a while.

im in texas and it took mine about a week, maybe week and a half, but ive had the one they sent me for a couple years now no rrod, but another thing about xbox is that its always saying ' cannot read disk ' i hate that shit

9515g

xa-3000s

They go RRoD because the soldering on the Ball Grid Array under the graphics chip breaks. The towel trick, X-Clamp, penny, springs, all that shit just temporarily mashes the bad joints back together... but it will still fail again.

Only way to properly fix them is by reflowing the solder. Either Microsoft can do it or you can do it yourself and void the warranty but a decent SMD reflow station will start at about $2000

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

like everyone else is telling you, contact microsoft and send that baby in. Not trying to start anything, but I sure am glad my ps3 never red rings =P

Duh, cause PS3's have the Yellow Light of Doom ^_^^_^

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

my xbox was 22 days out of warranty when it got it... microsoft wanted $100. found a kid on craigslist, took 2 hours and $30, havent had a problem since. 2 hours and $30 > two weeks and $100

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

Hell I still opened my 360 up and looked at the issue but couldn't get it to work even trying the video tricks. I called microsoft and told them and they sent me a lable to send it back to them. They still fixed it for free and I got it back and haven't had an issue since, knock on wood.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

• 4 weeks later...

Hell I still opened my 360 up and looked at the issue but couldn't get it to work even trying the video tricks. I called microsoft and told them and they sent me a lable to send it back to them. They still fixed it for free and I got it back and haven't had an issue since, knock on wood.

i got it on my first 360, called em up, got my package, and sent it in. 2 weeks later i had a new xbox. serial numbers were different. has worked EVER since up until September. so ive been xbox less since september

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg