Sonic Electronix

well i need a box for my two type rs 12s and ive asked around and found out prefab just isnt the way to go but i was wandering is there any where on the net that does good boxes or any one on here that do them within a reasonable price let me know thanks....

you're gonna get the same response as before, people here WANT you to build your own stuff as a learning experience. I'm sure someone anyone on this forum here could whip up a box and sell it to you for a good 70-100 bucks, but the whole idea is to get a feel on making your own. What kind of box are you aiming for anyways, sealed or ported? If its sealed, its just slapping a few pieces of mdf together to your likings on the dimensions and putting 2 holes in the front. Ported may be a little more difficult, but not that difficult. You can ask someone to guide you on how to tune a port, the dimensions of the port and things along that line. Trust me, you're gonna like your box much better than just buying one.

Edited by Ndnkobra

you're gonna get the same response as before, people here WANT you to build your own stuff as a learning experience. I'm sure someone anyone on this forum here could whip up a box and sell it to you for a good 70-100 bucks, but the whole idea is to get a feel on making your own. What kind of box are you aiming for anyways, sealed or ported? If its sealed, its just slapping a few pieces of mdf together to your likings on the dimensions and putting 2 holes in the front. Ported may be a little more difficult, but not that difficult. You can ask someone to guide you on how to tune a port, the dimensions of the port and things along that line. Trust me, you're gonna like your box much better than just buying one.

Its not that hard....and then you can stand back and be proud of something you made!

if you decide to build your own box I could hook you up with with a CAD drawing of the box I had my type r's in, in my mustang.

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

Where are u from?? U might be able to find someone in your area to help u out or that can build one for you, so u wouldn't have to deal with the fact of shipping a 60lb+ large item. PM me with what type of box you want(ported/sealed/ect.), dimensions u have to work with, and what kind of finishing if any u want done(carpeting, etc). I've been looking to help someone out recently and I'll give u a nice price on whatever you're looking for.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Its not that hard....and then you can stand back and be proud of something you made!

X2 there's nothing like that feeling of accomplishment

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

well aint that some shit :-( lol that sucks, well if you arent gonna make it the next best things i would do are:

-Get someone to design you a box and have a friend or something make it for you, saves you the shipping

-Find someone on SMD to make you a design and build it and send it you

-But id stay away from pre fab. get something made to fit your needs maybe cost alittle extra but it will sound better.

Edited by BeatBox