Question about the 'red ring of death'

What years and or months did this problem occur most? As in which dates of the 360's being made have this problem? Is it all of them or just certain ones? DO Elites have this problem?

Edited by solo_x18

Derp.

"Ring of fire"?? LoL!

I think you mean Red Ring of Death (RROD)

EDIT: To answer one of these question Elites have it too. And so do PS3's but it's called Yellow Light of Death. Which occurs more than people assume/think.

Edited by iTech

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

i htink we're on the third of 4th gen of 360s.. the problem isn't around anymore.. for the most part.. it was the very early microsoft failures of a console that did it... it's been improved therefore i wouldn't buy a used one without a warranty.. and buy the exteneded warranty.. along with all other microsoft products

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

Any 360 can get it buy the elites are very less likely to get it. It also depends how much you play,how long you play,How hot it is in your room or where ever you have it etc. If you have a 360 you want to have it horizontal the main air intake for the 360s is on the bottom and if you have them vertical its not able to suck in all the air it needs.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

i wouldn't say the new ones wont have it ever because all it is, is a problem with the solder joints on the mother board coming loose do to heat issues but on the newer ones it is less likely.

Pioneer DEH-P3000IB head unit

Rockford T1000.1bd

Two AQ SDC 2.5 12s

My build log.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/84319-darthballsy1s-04-ford-ranger-video-build-log/

v59y52.png

just keeping it cool for the most part i put mine on a laptop cooling pad and it never got hot

also a new problem a lot of them are having is the disk drives going out if that happens you can buy a new drive but you will have to get the lock code off of it in order for it to work

Pioneer DEH-P3000IB head unit

Rockford T1000.1bd

Two AQ SDC 2.5 12s

My build log.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/84319-darthballsy1s-04-ford-ranger-video-build-log/

v59y52.png

just keeping it cool for the most part i put mine on a laptop cooling pad and it never got hot

also a new problem a lot of them are having is the disk drives going out if that happens you can buy a new drive but you will have to get the lock code off of it in order for it to work

Is that something Microsoft warranties?

Derp.