Second Skin Audio

Going to recone my BTL soon

yea it's actually $49 more i was looking at just the 18 recone vs the 18 recone with a basket in which case it's a $39 difference but to get the 15 recone it's $110 and to get the 18 recone with the basket it's $159

Cool thanks, I was just curious. That does seem worth it though. Good luck with the recone!!

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

well shit if you want that man joo might need a tad bit more power

I can't throw much more power at it because my charging system is pretty much maxed out right now but with the setup i've got i'm pushing almost 1700 to it. the amp did 1139 at 4 ohms and 14.0 volts i'm at 2.8 ohms and 14.6 volts which if my math is right(1139/14x14.6/.7) i'll be pushing 1697 to it which is close enough to its 2k rms for me if i do upgrade my amps it won't be for a while cause i'm going to order the dual 2 recone because my amp won't go lower than 2 ohms per channel or 4 ohms total so to upgrade to more power and stick with RF i'd have to wait til april when the constant power series amps are released

Edited by hhowell1990

hey thanks for quick reply on that. Maybe i wont sell the btl. Ill just add 2 more :hairtrick:

yea if you search for "jonmanch3st3r" on youtube he's got 2 videos, one of the tear down and one of the build up and they're both narrated and pretty well explained hopefully you can get your rebuilt and happy :hairtrick:

I thought that the single slug BTL motors were all different for each size. I may be wrong but u might wanna check with Scott before ordering your basket + recone. Also do u have the proper airspace for an 18??

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I thought that the single slug BTL motors were all different for each size. I may be wrong but u might wanna check with Scott before ordering your basket + recone. Also do u have the proper airspace for an 18??

no it says in the description that the motor is standard for all three sizes, but since i don't have the money yet to order it i just went ahead and e-mailed him. and i'm running a little over 5 cubes right now after displacement so i'll more than likely be fine if not i'll just build another box.

Edited by hhowell1990

• 2 weeks later...