Wall or back seat???

OrionStang

I've almost got permission from the wife to put a box in my backseat, but i'm still considering a walled off trunk box. Either will be 2 DC 4XL's on 2500-3000 each. Put his post here to see what the high power guys got to say. Big box and subs backseat; or sealed trunk subs forward port forward?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I've almost got permission from the wife to put a box in my backseat, but i'm still considering a walled off trunk box. Either will be 2 DC 4XL's on 2500-3000 each. Put his post here to see what the high power guys got to say. Big box and subs backseat; or sealed trunk subs forward port forward?

Its a Stang. There's barely any backseat to begin with. I say do the backseat box to avoid modifying a bunch of stuff. And changing or removing your system will be easier. And things go back to normal easy too.

^_^

84 K5 Blazer

3" body, 2" Suspension

35" Maxxis Bighorn

100amp Alt

Marine deep cycle for the amps (freebie)

KnuKonceptz 1/0

8 Hifonics HFi 12D4's in ~19cubes tuned to 35hz

Audiopipe AP-18001D

RF 5x8's in the kicks

Almani 5.25 comp. in back

Kenwood KAC-645

--IN THE FUTURE--

None.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM:name=Decaf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Decaf @ Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we seriously need some butt plugs so you guys stop spewing chit talk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Its a Stang. There's barely any backseat to begin with. I say do the backseat box to avoid modifying a bunch of stuff. And changing or removing your system will be easier. And things go back to normal easy too.

^_^

Sealing off the trunk I still got that whole area for box space. There are alot of options here, which is why I need opinions. I'm really looking to guys with alot of experience with either sealed trunks or simply a big box in the back seat.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

wall it :hairtrick: or if that cant happend wall off the trunk

I need more help than that. I've always had trunk builds. I need to know whats going to to be louder to the ear, a big backseat box or a sealed trunk with 2 twelves and port( driver side) forward.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I think there are alot of variables, i know guys that hit 150+ with 2 10's.

theres a guy on here with 2 10 dCs that freakin look dumb loud.

However, a wall might give you more options for upgrade in the future, more room to build, might be easier. I think regardless its gna be harder to go "back to normal".

IMO a wall would be louder AND the woman gave u permission, but your only running two twelves and ive never seen a wall for just 2 12's.....

I say get 2 more, then wall it up, otherwise just build in the trunk.

BTW, dont port on drivers side for daily.

ya man there to many things to say what would be louder but if you seal it off it give you more room to play with for upgrades and so on but being louder to the ear is kinda in the tunning,and for port being on the drivers side it dont really matter just alot of people to it cause it make it louder on the meter but there still tomany things to say cause ikn ow many people that do port every witch way and there no diffrence but then theres othere who move the box like 3in a diffrent direction and they gain a lil louder to the ear

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

I would say go with the backseat option.

I gotta 06 stang and my backseat has enough space for a 30.3 hz tuned 9.6 cuft box with 2 fibtl 15s, butttt! you have to take the back seats out of your new stang and do some most likely unwanted fabrication.

At the same time a backseat wall would look and sound great! i wish i knew how to make one or else i'd have one :)

2 fl Fi btl 15s in 9.8cuft box @ 30hz

2 gp3000d's

kinetik 2400 & 3800

optima yellowtop in the front

6 rockford power 6.5 mids

4 rockford power tweets

2 rockford power 6x8s

All Knukonceptz wiring

80sq ft second skin damp pro

Coming very soon

2 crescendo 1000c4's

Iraggi 270a alt

another kinetik 3800

Audiocontrol DQXS

when you say walled off trunk you mean something like thors build right, not an actual wall but a sealed trunk build right, i do believe that would be better than having a box seating on the seat

I could have read what you typed wrong though

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/