Sonic Electronix

How to get instant bass...

what if i hang onto what i got for now, get a headunit, wire it all up by myself, and THEN at some point during the spring or summer sell it and get something better?? think thats a wise decision?? thats kind of what im leaning towards right now...

don't ask a question if you already have your mind made up...Everyone on this thread is telling you that it's not worth it. LISTEN

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

This^^^^^^^^^^^

If they are just sitting in the back seat will have very little output

I've heard a car playing "High so High" by SPM with 2 Legacy 12"s in a smallish box on the back seat...and heard the dude FAR with a higher frequency. Point is, I think if you just want to be heard, you can put them on the seat, but it won't hit nearly as low as you'd probably like

Edit: The song title speaks for me B)

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

would it be better if i just built a box to specs for only the one cvr and then try to sell the old ass comp for another cvr?? im just looking for a little guidance on what to do at this point... and once i sell the old ass comp, and buy another matching cvr, then at that point ill build a box for 2 of them!!!

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

would it be better if i just built a box to specs for only the one cvr and then try to sell the old ass comp for another cvr?? im just looking for a little guidance on what to do at this point... and once i sell the old ass comp, and buy another matching cvr, then at that point ill build a box for 2 of them!!!

Now thats thinkin with your dipstick Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!

low power will kill a sub just as fast as over powering it

Oh no!

So you mean all this time I've been killing my sub by not listening to my system at full tilt all the time?

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

<!--quoteo(post=972057:date=Feb 20 2010, 08:46 PM:name=wonderbreadSTS)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wonderbreadSTS @ Feb 20 2010, 08:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=972057"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What kind of car is this...

Also, I wouldn't bother, don't mix and match subs...Kicker Comps are weak, CVRs are a bit of a step up...I should know, I've owned both<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

2000 pontiac grand prix 2 door. i couldnt fit the box in the trunk so theyre on my back seat. =] and thats what im worried about. im not sure what i should do at this point about the mixed and matched subs....

Haha Yea good luck with that!! I put my 18 Solo X in my 4 door and ended up putting it in the back seat as well.. Actually I removed the seats and built a platform that the box sits on(contours to the car) and bolted the platform to the seat belt bolts as well as the box, then bolted the back through the seat frame (with the box). Just letting you kno, you prolly wont get a box in that trunk, it took me 2 hrs to get my current box for 2 10" REs to fit in there and im sure those 15's need a wayy bigger box. THAT TRUNK HAS THE GAYEST OPENING EVER!! As far as the wiring, just wait to do it right, your just gonna break stuff. HINT: I left my factory speakers in and used my Pioneer HU's High Pass cutoff and got rid of the bass going to the speakers, and they keep up just fine (I have a 98 4 door with 8 Speaker Delco setup)with a 2500rms Solo X, so im sure ur 15 will do good.

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move!

Archived